Search results

1. Seattle_helo

pressure balance valves, flow rate and pipe diameters

Jim, my mistake. The valve has 1/2" NPT fittings. So I guess the pipe diameter is a moot point. Piping is all new and has been flushed for two years prior to this remodel so I would hope the prefilters are completely clean. Supply pressure from the city is low in our neck of the woods here in...
  2. Seattle_helo

pressure balance valves, flow rate and pipe diameters

Need some opinions from expert plumbers. Our small, older house (1949) was completely re-plumbed a few years ago by professional plumbers. We have a 1" copper line from the meter to the house and then mostly 3/4" throughout the house. Only one bathroom. The flow rate in our bathroom increased...
  3. Seattle_helo

round vs. elongated

Elongated it is!
  4. Seattle_helo

round vs. elongated

Terry, I swear I've read comments from you in the past where you have stated your disdain for round toilets vs. elongated. Is it simply because bigger is better or do the elongated have better flush performance?
  5. Seattle_helo

1949 waste lines : any life left?

Thanks, Cass. And thanks all.
  6. Seattle_helo

Hmmm... Interesting. Well, it seems that most of you think I don't have an immediate problem on my hands. At this point I am inclined to do nothing. I was mostly curious to get professional opinions and I appreciate all of them. The electrical system was totally upgraded the year we moved in...
  7. Seattle_helo

Guys, I'm just a dumb homeowner so please forgive my lack of knowledge. I didn't do any of this work- we bought the house this way back in 2002. We have never had any problems with our drains, thankfully. No backups or odors or anything unusual. The crawl space is dry and I have never noticed...
  8. Seattle_helo

Have a small, 1500 sq. foot home in north Seattle. Recently had all of the original 1949 supply lines replaced with 3/4" type-L copper fed by a new 1" line from the meter. Made a huge difference in flow rate. Wish I had done it sooner. The guys who did the work mentioned that some of the waste...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks