Search results

1. littleguns

4-inch heat duct worth the effort?

I may buy some 6-inch oval and try to make it fit. My problem is in getting around a stair stringer and accompanying framing, plus existing plumbing (supply lines and DWV) that I really don't want to try to move. It's a really tight, crowded situation to try to sneak a duct through. I'm sure you...
  2. littleguns

4-inch heat duct worth the effort?

I'm putting a half bath in a 5x9 well-insulated room over an inaccessible (from below) crawl space. I plan on a 220-volt in-the-wall electric heater and possibly a limited area of under-tile heat in the floor. But I'd also like to add a little heat from my forced-air furnace system to help...
  3. littleguns

Shared up-the-wall vent for three fixtures?

Thanks. I'll be hoping they reply regarding your sketch.
  4. littleguns

Yes, that's one possibility. The other would be to have the vent on the west wall, just downstream of the WC bend. Would your illustration work? Thanks for offering it.
  5. littleguns

I'm turning a 5x9 porch (over shallow crawl space) into a three-quarter bath with lavatory on east wall, shower across south end, toilet on west wall. I'd like to bring the lavatory drain and shower drain together into a 2" wye, then that wye into the two-inch wye neck of a 3x3x2 fitting that...
  6. littleguns

Care and feeding of captive-air tank

Details on C-A tank I guess I assumed the tank has a bladder. I know it's not a regular steel tank -- it's one of those that, if I'm correct, doesn't have to be repressurized as the old galvanized tanks do. The pressure gauge is on the line coming out of the tank, not on the tank itself. There...
  7. littleguns

Care and feeding of captive-air tank

I haven't had a C-A tank since 1984 but installed one (used but clean) over the weekend when my galvanized tank started to leak after I had pumped it down to cut recycle time. The new tank seems to work fine, with greater pressure than I've had for years (crud in old lines, I found). My...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks