Search results

1. P

Gas Line Splice: How to avoid an EXPLOSION!

You are speaking to the Nitrogen purge idea HJ? I don't think I'm going to use pure Nitrogen, but rather compressed air. Probably take me 1/2 just to get her cleared for the cut. I wish the whole job would only take me a 1/2 hour. Probably get to it next week. -Preston
  2. P

CCH, thanks for your comments. I Left-Right Nipple would do the job but you are right about the PITA issue. I'll have to double check code on this, but I was told the union would be fine. Gotta do it right . . . the first time. -Preston
  3. P

Frenchie, I can get a little better than 180 degrees of twist or turn on a pipe wrench or hand pipe threader with no problem up in the attic. With a hand pipe cutter you have to be able to do a 360. Cass, I'll slice the pipe, Thead it by hand (Ridged Pipe Threader) and reasemble with T...
  4. P

Probably will combine your ideas. Shut off Propane. Burn pilots out before sucking out lines with a shop vac. Um . . . I mean blowing top down through the main line. The compressor is probably going to do all the work though. I've only plumbed natural gas in new construction, never spliced...
  5. P

How would I saftely cut into a black steel gas line to that I may tee off? (I'm not talking golf here) It's a 3/4" propane gas line running overhead in attic. I have limited space to do the splice and cannot get the giant pipe cutter around the pipe. Was thinking of using a Sawzall or small...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks