Search results

1. BobS0327

Shutting down natural gas water heater for 2 to 3 weeks

I have a GE Power Vent, Model GG50T06PVT natural gas water heater. I plan on going on vacation for two to three weeks and I will shut the water off to the house at the main shutoff. I also plan to turn the power off to my GE natural gas water heater. Thus, my question is: Will shutting off...
  2. BobS0327

Proper disposal of empty propane bottles

I have several empty propane bottles (the type that is used for soldering copper water lines) and I don't know how to properly (safely) dispose of these bottles. Thus, how can I properly dispose of these bottles? I don't think I should just throw them in the trash for fear that there may...
  3. BobS0327

Cracking noises from PVC pipes

Thanx for the info. I was getting a little concerned that it might be some sort of serious structural issue affecting the PVC pipes which would have to be addressed althought the house is only eleven years old. Thanx again.
  4. BobS0327

Cracking noises from PVC pipes

Every time I flush a toilet or drain a bathtub or sink from either of the two bathrooms on my second floor, I hear "cracking" noises from the PVC drain pipes. It is very loud at the beginning of the water draining and then tapers off near the end of the draining. This noise has been going on...
  5. BobS0327

Sewage (ejector) pump problem

It may just have been a bad pump. There are a lot of other GP2010 pumps installed in my area but the homes are a lot new than mine. So, it may be a few years before we really know. I believe my setup is a little different than yours. My main pump, the E1 GP2010 pumps all the house sewage...
  6. BobS0327

toilet dude, First of all, I'm not an experienced plummer by any stretch of the imagination. But I did have my sewage (ejector) pump repaired by the local Sanitary Authority. They replaced the defective check valve. The technicians did tell me that the bottom of the pump housing was...
  7. BobS0327

It probably is the check valve. This type of repair is beyond my basic plumbing experience. So, I'll hire a professional to do it. Is this an expensive repair? thanx Bob
  8. BobS0327

I have a sewage (ejector) pump located in my basement that starts running every 30 to 40 minutes for about 30 seconds and then stops although there isn't any water and/or sewage running into the pump from my sinks etc. I hear a slight trickle of water constantly running into the pump and I'm...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks