Search results

1. A

in-wall drain vent allowing septic smell to seep in?

Last night after showering, the septic smell was very strong. Could the valve not be functioning correctly and allowing water to be suctioned out of the shower's P trap? However, I am not sure as to the source. I checked all sinks, toilet and shower drain and could not smell anything near any...
  2. A

After looking at pictures on the Web, it is an air admittance valve. The only other thing I can think of is that we plugged the old shower drain with concrete (we removed the old shower stall and added this space to the master closet). Could fumes seep through the concrete somehow? It'd...
  3. A

Had a bathroom remodel done. To make a long story short, since we removed a false ceiling that hid a bend in the old shower's vent to the roof that would have been exposed if it was continued to be used, the plumber put in an in-wall vent on the new shower's drain. Would this type of vent...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks