Search results

1. RioHyde

Not Enough Hot Water for Jacuzzi Tub

Not sure what part of the country you're in, but you mentioned that the tub has a mixing valve. I didnt see one in the picture, but if you actually do have one, find it and try increasing the hot temp there. We're now required to install these on all whirlpool tubs and I for one think its a bit...
  2. RioHyde

Need Help!! Broken water pipe into house

take the torch back to the box store. Go to a plumbing supply house and get two 3/4" pack joint couplings. These are acceptable for underground work. You wont need a torch...just wrenches. Just be sure they are pack joint couplings and not the run of the mill compression couplings. The guys...
  3. RioHyde

Angle stop valves for bathroom sink

Properly installed, either is fine.
  4. RioHyde

Old 1 3/8" Bathroom Drain

I've learned something new....the day hasn't been a total waste. lmao
  5. RioHyde

What is a "future tee"?

I haven't run into any inspectors who have a problem with futures here as long as they are labeled as such. Guess thats just another example of how things vary in different parts of world.
  6. RioHyde

What is a "future tee"?

I put in futures all the time in commercial work for domestic hot and cold water and dwv. Of course what is usually being constructed are office buildings where futures are needed for anticipated tenant finishes.
  7. RioHyde

Pipe to Shower Arm Drop Fitting

If the wall isnt covered up, I'd move the backing my drop ear ell is screwed to. If I couldnt do that, I'd offset it.
  8. RioHyde

Old 1 3/8" Bathroom Drain

I believe you're looking at an 1-1/4" tailpiece not an 1-3/8". These are measured on the inside diameter, not the outside. I've never heard of an 1-3/8" tailpiece, but who knows....maybe 100 years or so ago there were such animals???
  9. RioHyde

Lines Twisted and incredibly slow Drip

I'd replace the tee. Shut down the water, drain, cut out the tee, replace with a new tee and a slip (repair) coupling. You're going to have to be sure to drain the line well so that no moisture remains. As long as the valve shuts off completely this shouldn't be too much of a problem. In...
  10. RioHyde

Can't figure out toilet waste line

Doesnt look like ABS or PVC (sch 40 or 80) to me. Looks like a lead. Take a pocket knife and see if you can scratch it easily. Lead will be quite soft. Also looks to me like someone used a wax ring with the rubber horn and the rubber is still in place. Or.....maybe I need a refund on my...
  11. RioHyde

Toilet sits high but flange looks right...

If it's 3/8" high in back and the bowl is tilted forward, does the front of the bowl hit the floor? What you may have is a floor that is out of level....just a thought. Good luck
  12. RioHyde

What pressure for air testing copper?

100psi for 30 minutes here
  13. RioHyde

Toilet Question

oh I wouldnt have a problem betting a steak dinner on the outcome. In fact, if it worked I would actually be happy to pay up. However, I dont see this guy getting things to work. Too many variables involved. First there's getting the top spud diameter to match the diameter of the tank. Even...
  14. RioHyde

Toilet Question

You're kidding, right? I'm with Frenchie on this. Bet him some $$$ then treat yourself to a nice steak dinner.
  15. RioHyde

Plumbing Codes

Also Cincinnati, OH IPC
  16. RioHyde

Referrals: replumbing contractors

Get three or four estimates from licensed plumbing contractors in your area. Replumbing a two story house is something most any plumbing contractor can and will do. Given your situation I'd definitely go with PEX and yes you can use a water softener with PEX
  17. RioHyde

Testing new Plumbing

Here we test copper waterlines at 100psi for 15 minutes and drainage (PVC or CI in most cases here) at 5psi also for 15 minutes.
  18. RioHyde

Dishwasher with no Garbage Disposal

Dishwasher tailpiece As Gary said, an airgap may not be required. Check with the local plumbing authority in your jurisdiction. If you don't use one, just be sure to loop the drain hose and attach it to the underside of the counter. Good luck
  19. RioHyde

how to post pics

Every now and then I help out the HVAC division of our company and this happened to be one of those days. We had 42 picks that day so I stuck around after work for the "fun" and the overtime. It was a blast no doubt about it. I think everyone around that part of Mason stopped to watch the fun.
  20. RioHyde

how to post pics

[ Just trying it out. A pic of the helicopter lift at the job I'm on now....setting roof top units.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks