Search results

1. little buddy

bathroom remodel quote

Bathroom remodel I think the bottom line is, beings you are capeable of doing this job yourself but it appears you don't feel you have the time. Then you have to ask the question " what is this worth to me and will I make enough on this computer job to pay for it." Some things are worth more to...
  2. little buddy

siding

Does anyone know if they still make the old 12 inch massonite lap siding and if they do, any suggestions on where I could get it? (repair project on rental property) Thanks
  3. little buddy

solar heat for inground pool

solar heat Thanks, a lot of good information
  4. little buddy

solar heat for inground pool

Hey guys, I've been reading your different ideas for different situations. I was wondering if anyone had some good takes on how I could raise the temp. in my pool by about 10 or 12 degrees. Now I have to strugle to get 80 degrees and I do use a solar blanket. It's an 18' x 32' inground. My pump...
  5. little buddy

Ceiling Trim Problem

corner blocks I'm wondering if you couldn't use inside and outside corner blocks and just butt your crown moulding against the blocks. I forgot if you said you had already put the rest of the crown up. They do this a lot in older houses that are known to be out of square. I've done this around...
  6. little buddy

vynal siding

funny Now that's funny right there, I don't care who you are that's funny.
  7. little buddy

vynal siding

response You know, some people on this forum have the personality of a rock and commen sense to match. It's a sad thing because most of you are very helpful. Then there are a few that are in it for a buck and really don't know any more than the rest of us. For the good ones out there, I...
  8. little buddy

vynal siding

vinyl siding Thanks Gary for your response. I apoligize for poor explanation of my question. It was quite late and I had spent the day putting in a hot water heater. You managed to answer my question quite well. I have done home remodeling for several years. I pretty much new the answer before...
  9. little buddy

vynal siding

I just purchased another house that I will use for rental property. It currently has 12" massonite lap siding that is in poor condition. I'm afraid painting would just be throwing good money away. I was wondering if I had to tear the old siding off first. If I don't tear off the old, I'm not...
  10. little buddy

1/4" underlayment over concrete?

flooring Thanks guys, I think I'll go back with the laminate. I've done quite a bit of that and feel pretty comfortable with it. Thanks again
  11. little buddy

1/4" underlayment Thanks for the response, I was thinking of going back with lanolium, ( excuse the spelling on that one) but may go with lam. flooring. It's the entrance area in my rental. I can see some divits or damage to the slab, that's why I...
  12. little buddy

I have an entrance way that currently has 12" stick tile on a concrete slab. I was wandering if I could put underlayment down over the tile. It's about 6'w x 12'l. I know I could tear up the tile and spread some leveling compound but would rather put down underayment if it would work.
  13. little buddy

Tying into clay sewer line

clay pipe Thanks for the info. I'm not familiar with snap pipe cutter, but I'm sure I could bye or rent one. Do you supose a guy could take a chizzle and hammer and bust that clay and couple it with a boot to pvs and install a clean-out. Thanks again.
  14. little buddy

Tying into clay sewer line

Is there a best way to cut into a clay pipe or just bust it out and put the rubber boots in so I can install a clean-out? Is there a standard size clay pipe used from the house to the main? I have dug down to the clay pipe (3.5'), but haven't determined the actual size.The pipe is in about 3'...
  15. little buddy

Replacing old cast Iron sewer pipe with new

I am having problems with a clogged sewer line. I have had it cleaned out twice with in the last 2 month by 2 different pro. plumbers. On both occations, the drains worked perfectly when the plumbers left. Well it's clogged again. I'm to the point of replacing that section of cast iron pipe...
  16. little buddy

Clogged sewer line

Thanks redwood, I took your advice and stumbled on to a pro that I liked real well and he was reasonable. A few so called pros give bad names and make it rough for the good ones. Thanks again
  17. little buddy

Clogged sewer line

clogged sewer I respect and appreciate your remarks. I'm a little bullheaded, no, I'm very bullheaded. I don't accept defeat easily. Now with that being said, I'll let you know where I'm at. I rented a trackhoe and dug a ditch about 5 to 6ft deep and about 20ft long. I would have bet money that...
  18. little buddy

Clogged sewer line

Thanks for the reply, Redwood When I install the clean-out directly outside the house wall, will I need to install a trap and vent in the main sewer line?
  19. little buddy

Clogged sewer line

My main sewer line is completely clogged. My lower level toilet is located on a wall and drains directly into the main line. I have several things working against me. 1, the pipe from the toilet goes down about 6 in. and 90's into the main. 2, because of that sharp 90 I was unsuccessful in...
  20. little buddy

Hole patching.

hole patching The way the number 1 hag said using the tapeless patch is by far the best and easiest. I am a ameture at sheetrocking, but have used this method several times and it works. I've used it in cielings where I've taken down cieling fans, I've used it on walls for numerous occations...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks