Search results

1. R

Please critique this drain configuration!

You know what? I didn't even look. My concept of venting was obviously off, so I wrongfully assumed that was the problem. When I started remodeling this bathroom months ago, I simply ripped out the drains to remove the vanity and didn't even check if there were obstructions. In the meantime...
  2. R

Nevermind! I decided to try an S trap. There must've been a clog in the old line to the floor. It drains just fine, and I don't hear any gurgling at the end. I guess everything is ok. Thanks a lot for your help guys!
  3. R

Thanks guys. I think I'm starting to understand. If I'm reading this correctly, the setup in the picture has to be as good as or better than an S trap, right? Should I go ahead and hook this up and test it? If I still have slow drainage, then I'll KNOW it's a clog somewhere. If...
  4. R

Thanks, Wally. The reason I decided to change it was b/c of what I read of the effectiveness of a P trap vs. an S trap...not the effectiveness of draining water, but of trapping the gasses. I know I didn't HAVE to change it, but I wanted to do it the best way. The only way I could fit a P...
  5. R

Hi all! Need to re-plumb this drain assembly under my vanity. There used to be a simple S trap. It used to drain slowly due to improper venting (more specifically, there isn't one.) I want to change it to a P trap and add an AAV (I know, sometimes frowned upon, but better than nothing I...
  6. R

Access Panel for Tub

Another day, another challenge:) I have a question about my access panel for the tub. As you can see from the drawing, I can't do a 12" x 18" access panel straight in from the back. I have to come in from an angle. My question is, does the actual opening have to be 18" wide to get...
  7. R

Shower Faucet Installation

Thanks Jim, Red, and king!
  8. R

That's the most irritating thing. That seemingly such a standard and common method of construction would produce a result outside of the specified range. I would think this would be a frequent occurrence...at least by those of us like my plumber and myself that don't read the directions...
  9. R

It's an 1 1/2" from the handle to the flange trim. Even with a shorter stem, it wouldn't go back flush. I'm assuming that b/c the retainer sleeve is finished it's meant to be exposed. Now, I have no basis for saying that other than that it seems logical. I could be wrong! I think I...
  10. R

It's the one that came sealed with it, so I assume so. You're right though, it seems like the easiest solution would be a shorter stem! And yes, per the instructions, I did reverse the retainer sleeve. It wasn't even close the other way. Using 3/4" or 1x buys me and extra 1/2 or 3/4" depth...
  11. R

After both of your comments and my initial reaction that it looked odd, I'm going to redo it so the black threaded portion doesn't show. I guess I'll use 1x material or even 3/4" ply. I guess it shouldn't be too bad. Thanks for your input guys.
  12. R

No, not until I read your post! It appears the 2 5/8"- 3 1/2" was shown in the instructions for a shower AND tub control instead of the shower only unit instructions. The shower only instructions (as attached) don't have a min. or max. listed. I did a test installation without the...
  13. R

Yeah, we talked about it. I remember him being a little confused when the instructions said the knockout should be flush with the finished wall. I assumed he figured it out. A 2"x4" wall + 1/2" (drywall or cement board) + 1/8" thinset + 1/4" or 3/8" tile has got to be an extremely common...
  14. R

Thanks for the response. Yeah, it seems that way. How are most valves like this mounted? Against a 1x material instead of 2x?? I would assume that my plumber would've thought about that if it was common for this to happen. I guess I'm in the denial stage when faced with the thought of...
  15. R

Hello all! I'm stumped, and I'm hoping someone can help. I didn't find an answer using the search function. I'm installing the following shower controls in a new shower I'm building. http://www.pricepfister.com/www/ImageAssets/mirror%5Cmodel%5Cbath%5Ctreviso%5Ctre808-5dk%5C27889-0700.pdf...
  16. R

Breaker keeps tripping

All I can say is I'm quite embarrassed:o Those wires did go downstream to another outlet I installed at the other end of the island. Of course, there's only one cable in that box so I couldn't have possibly screwed up anything there...right? Apparently I was working past my bedtime on that...
  17. R

Breaker keeps tripping

Well, obviously just the black is hot:D Sparky, I've done all that you said. The box is plastic, but I didn't reinstall the outlet anyway. To show that I'm not crazy (I'm trying to convince myself at this point), I've attached a picture showing the wires at box "b." Sorry for the poor...
  18. R

Breaker keeps tripping

Hello all, Long time reader, first time poster. Here's my situation. I have a branch 20A circuit coming to junction box "A" from the breaker panel. When the breaker is switched on, everything is ok. When I wire nut the hot and neutral wires from box "A" to the leg going to box "B," I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks