Search results

1. Mcnattyp

Three ways to plumb a toilet in a slab

Ah-ha, a cardboard sleeve, what a great idea. I had thought of a wooden sleeve of some kind, now it makes so much sense. I will do that, thank you! (And get a metal flange.)
  2. Mcnattyp

Regarding the inside flange question, I should state that it is a 4x3 closet bend so the ID of that inside flange is more than 3". Also, my basement slab is going to be the finished floor height, no flooring on top.
  3. Mcnattyp

Oh wait, how about an even more elegant solution (IMHO)? Option 5:
  4. Mcnattyp

Son of a biscuit, that would be the most obvious solution. Option 4: Now explain why not an internal closet flange? Without it, I can't figure out how to sit the flange flush with the finished concrete floor, unless I just get the height absolutely right with the flange in place. I'd prefer...
  5. Mcnattyp

Option 1 (the PVC is just there for discussion): Option 2: Option 3: Please view and discuss which one is the "best" way to plumb a toilet. In all cases, north of the picture is a bathroom sink, shower and washing machine. The visible parts are 3", the northward run would...
  6. Mcnattyp

Macerating/grinder sewage pump recommendations

Did I mention that this is to be in my own house? If the max life expectancy is about 10 years why not buy a more expensive model like this one and not have to replace it as often? http://www.tramcopump.com/ResidentialDetails.cfm?ProdID=27
  7. Mcnattyp

Basement re-vent above upper sink?

Okay thank you. Just because one way is easier doesn't make it right.
  8. Mcnattyp

wye or what

Thanks HJ, once I talk it through, the right answer makes the most sense.
  9. Mcnattyp

Basement re-vent above upper sink?

I'm sure everyone is enjoying the nice weather, but if you have a moment, please enlighten me about the vent requirements here. Which of these locations is acceptable to tie-in a new vent? Ideally, the low one since it's accessible. The upper one would require drywall demolition on a finished...
  10. Mcnattyp

wye or what

How about a combo tee (aka wye-tee): The toilet is vertical, sink to the left and drain to the right. I would put a reducing on the sink end to go from 3" to 2".
  11. Mcnattyp

wye or what

Ok so wye on its side then?
  12. Mcnattyp

wye or what

What fitting to use here? I can run the sink and toilet lines at elevations relative to each other (the dotted line). The sink is 2" drain, the toilet 3". Would it be a 3" elbow with 2" heel inlet like this? Or is that baaaad for the toilet vent? I could connect the lav drain...
  13. Mcnattyp

sure looks nice lacucina, but there are two hits against it. 1, you only have one post! 2, e/one isn't available in Oregon, where I am. And I bet they're expensive products.
  14. Mcnattyp

Really? I thought a macerating/grinding pump was worth it, instead of just a sewage pump. Or maybe I'm going overboard due to bad past experiences. The pump will be servicing a moderate-use bathroom (sink, shower, toilet), two kitchen sinks, a utility/laundry sink, a floor drain that will get...
  15. Mcnattyp

I will be installing a macerating/grinding sewage ejection pump in my new basement remodel (new poured concrete floor) and have some experience replacing failed units in the past. Is there a consensus for some top of the line models? I found the Zoeller Shark. Others? Preferably a kit/system...
  16. Mcnattyp

How to install lavatory legs

http://www.watts.com/pdf/1916062.pdf
  17. Mcnattyp

Thanks for the reply Jim. Ok, I understand now that there will be threads visible and I'll need to crank some nut somewhere to get it to elongate to lock in place. But like I mentioned in my intial post, there are no instructions or pictures, and I went back to the store to check other packages...
  18. Mcnattyp

Hm, I had thought the legs would just be cut to size since there is nothing special about either end. The factory end would be at the bottom with the feet while the cut end would be at the top with the escutcheon.
  19. Mcnattyp

Thanks for the reply hj, but I still can't figure it out. I am mechanically inclined, which is why I've turned to this forum for help. I have a china sink. I just tried again to puzzle it out, but I cannot. Any more advice? Thanks.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks