Search results

1. jimjomac

Finding Small Leaks

Did a lot of searching without a good answer - maybe you guys can help! I'm putting together a new heating system for the house, based on a Trinity boiler with seperate loops for house heat and an indirect water heater. I've assembled the boiler, circulators, relief valves, fill valve, etc...
  2. jimjomac

PVC to CPVC Transition Cement

My new NTI Trinity boiler specifies CPVC for vent and air intake when the boiler is located in a closet, and also specifies the use of PVC to CPVC transition cement. Who makes this cement? I haven't found any!
  3. jimjomac

Ducts between garage and house - Fire Hazard?

I'm putting my new HVAC system in the garage: a Trinity boiler, B-W indirect water heater, and Goodman variable-speed counterflow air handler with hydronic coil and evap. They'll be located on the wall between the house and garage on a platform raised to the level of the house. The supply duct...
  4. jimjomac

Looking for a good high-eff water heater.

My searches have led me to several different high efficiency boilers/heaters, for use in a combo system. From the advertising, each is the answer to all the world's problems, of course. But only in a forum like this one am I likely to find people who have good or bad experience with them...
  5. jimjomac

I've been insulted

Is there an HVAC distributor out there who will talk to the homeowner? Since two contractors have given me grossly over-priced bids on a new HVAC system, and are slow in working up scaled-down versions, I started reseaching what's out there myself. I now have a fair idea of what I want. I...
  6. jimjomac

URGENT SAFETY ISSUE: Gas Control Valve

My B-W propane water heater, about 22 years old, has gone through several thermocouples in the last few years. The techs installed a new pilot burner and tc recently and all was well till we came home from vacation Sunday night and found we had no hot water. I tried to relight, but it wouldn't...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks