Search results

1. Sylvan

Another tragic death

I was hired by another law firm as an 11 month old child was scalded by steam The pictures I saw showed the radiator valve split by the half union and the room filled with steam prior to be taken out. MIDWOOD, Brooklyn (WABC) -- A baby has died after he was apparently burned by steam from a...
  2. Sylvan

This is hysterical

Ignorance is bliss I worked for a co op that is 27 stories and a stock holder on the first floor stated that he had his own plumber to do an alteration. The managing agent said it ok but the plumbing had to be inspected by the buildings plumber (ME) prior to calling for an inspection by the...
  3. Sylvan

new LAWSUIT

Yesterday a new law firm contacted me regarding the case below. Next week I will be at the building taking pictures and sending in my report. This is another steam death caused by aged steam heating systems...
  4. Sylvan

Another case won ......https://www.docketalarm.com/cases/New_York_State_Bronx_County_Supreme_Court/21241---2017E/ROBERT_MATIAS_v._NEW_YORKER_HOTEL_MA

Another case settled. https://www.docketalarm.com/cases/New_York_State_Bronx_County_Supreme_Court/21241---2017E/ROBERT_MATIAS_v._NEW_YORKER_HOTEL_MANAGEMENT_COMPANY_INC._et_al/184/
  5. Sylvan

Knowing the "Codes" and how to use them

There is a golden opportunity for for plumbers who are licensed and know the codes and do not mind looking through the books and examining all the fine print I just was informed 10/21/2020 that we won a judgement against a luxury building in Manhattan that had a flood over a doctors...
  6. Sylvan

When an employee THINKS you cannot do without them

A guy showed up an hour late for a gas piping installation I sent him home and did the following work alone and it took me 5 hours plus an extra 80feet of piping installed Never under estimate an old guy with an with steel pipe wrenches and a stick ruler
  7. Sylvan

IPC Question

For showers I always use a 2" waste pipe then I read the IPC code NYC has adopted and I find it confusing "SECTION 417 SHOWERS 417.1 Approval. Prefabricated showers and shower compartments shall conform to ASME A112.19.2/CSA B45.1 or CSA B45.5/IAPMO Z124. Shower valves for individual...
  8. Sylvan

BLESS YOU TERRY

I was contacted by a new law firm this morning regarding scalding and I was asked to go to Philadelphia PA I am so thankful you have the codes each stat uses so I will be able to take the case Again fantastic that you have it all here
  9. Sylvan

Radiator in the news. Lying news papers

Shame that newspapers and other media that spread lies as gospel are not held accountable for spewing lies to peddle their fake news stories https://nypost.com/2016/12/08/baby-sisters-burned-to-death-were-sleeping-next-to-radiator-that-exploded/
  10. Sylvan

There is NOT enough jail time for this "tech"

Another case came in today a woman was severely l scalded and again I am the expert witness A low life told her that water heaters are not required if you have a boiler with a coil and he removed the water heater and used the tank less coil to supply hot water No tempering valve...
  11. Sylvan

Just curious

During the past several months I have been working on cases as an expert witness Seems everyone of these "victims" were severely scalded in showers or ex posed heating lines where children were burned Here is the one that I am looking forward to testifying for as I was hired to be a...
  12. Sylvan

Lead pan

See we only install lead pans as plumbing is an art form not just a trade
  13. Sylvan

Just completed another 8 Hr course

Plumbing and fire suppression and gas fitting and boiler inspections codes and installations are getting a lot more complex
  14. Sylvan

Old posting back in 1999 Still holds true

Do We or Don't We Use Chemicals? by Sylvan Tieger With the EPA (Environmental Protection Agency) and other government agencies looking to monitor the use and fine chemical users and manufacturers. WHY would any REAL professional Sewer Drain / Plumbing company want to use such "chemicals"? To...
  15. Sylvan

Watts 1/2 IPS Ball valve

Does anyone have any valve failures with Watts 1/2" IPS Ball valves?
  16. Sylvan

For ever action there is a reaaction

NYC in their wisdom to conserve water paid master plumbers to install 1.5 GPF toilets and install flow restriction in faucets This turned out to be a gold mine for the plumbing industry and lawyers The flow restrictors cause lots of scalding incidents so being an expert witness added...
  17. Sylvan

TEST drive before buying

The BMW 750 I X drive is really an electronics nightmare compared to the Lexus 460 AWD The BMW is quick with twin turbo 0 -60 in 4 .2 seconds but is not as user friendly as my other cars
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks