Search results

1. dougq

Goulds J5S squealing

Valveman: I appreciate all your help, I suspect it will be a few weeks before I get all the parts together. DougQ
  2. dougq

Goulds J5S squealing

Valveman: Thanks for the info. Are there any "gotcha's" during the bearing and seals replacement. Thanks DougQ
  3. dougq

Goulds J5S squealing

Is not the Goulds & J5S all the brand and model?
  4. dougq

Goulds J5S squealing

valveman, you were quite right, I could hear a bit of a scraping sound when I ran the motor. I took it apart and sure enough the pump side bearing is shot, I will of course replace both. I have a local supplier for the bearings, but I am not sure the best site online to order the pump seals...
  5. dougq

Goulds J5S squealing

Thanks valveman, I will get it running and hopefully it will be obvious. dougQ
  6. dougq

Goulds J5S squealing

Hi: I have had this pump on my workbench for a couple of years and wish to make it operational. It would squeal after running for a while. I started to take it apart thinking the bearings needed replacing. I noted the impeller has been rubbing on the guide vane, which is distorted. Is it...
  7. dougq

Check Valve sticking in hot water recirc

Hi: I have a hot water recirc line with insulation feeding back to the cold input on the h/w tank. Just before the cold connection I have installed a brass flap style check valve in a horizontal position. The recirc, without pump (convection) works well. I have had problems with the check...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks