Search results

1. M

Still need a plunger

The circa-1992 toilet in my house would back-up a couple times a week, so I replaced it with a Toto Drake. I expected I would be able to throw away my plunger, but no such luck. The Drake backs up less frequently, but maybe still once a week. My wife uses a lot of toilet paper. But, should...
  2. M

Replacing Shower Trim

My project this week is to replace the trim in my shower and bath. I have a Delta 600 series in corroded yellow brass, and I'm replacing it with the same in new chrome. I'm keeping the existing valve. I will replace the shower arm and head, the handle, the spigot, the overflow plate, and...
  3. M

How tight to make the nuts?

As everyone guessed here, it was plastic horn that was causing the problem. I pulled the toilet up and started over with a plain wax ring. The stool is now steady on the floor. One more turn of the nuts holding the tank to the bowl made the tank steady. Thanks to all!
  4. M

I did use a wax gasket with a plastic horn. That's what the guy at the plumbing store gave me. When I stand on the bowl, I can make it rock back and forth, but no improvement. Do I need to pull up the toilet, scrape off the wax, and start again? :(
  5. M

Thanks for the great site. I installed my new Toto Drake today. The intstructions (and tips here and other places) warn of overtightening the bolts. For the bowl to closet flange connection, I cranked down on the bolts until the washers started to bend. Unfortunately, the stool is still...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks