Search results

1. TinHead

Geothermal 10% bleed off

I'm on the hill behind CVS, just East of the green. Thanks for the info on the pitless. Im prolly gonna rent a small machine and put the field in myself, those plastic bottomless chambers look really easy to install. Since its clean well water, I don't see a downside. To anyone: I'm open to...
  2. TinHead

Geothermal 10% bleed off

Sounds like we live in the same neighborhood 8) <waves from NM> Damn!! 10 GPM Holy Cow! What level was the pitless installed at? Since I'm looking to do a geoloop bleed as well (est. max 500 gal per day mid winter), I'm probably stuck installing a leaching field. My property slopes down to 2...
  3. TinHead

Geothermal 10% bleed off

My cap is similar, black pipe up the casing and into the bottom of the cap. I think the water is actually being pushed up to the cap and out the conduit. Not sure how a looped water system surges static level, but it seems to be happening. (maybe air in the line? <shrug>) Not sure if pumping...
  4. TinHead

Geothermal 10% bleed off

Interesting, I like the option of thermostatic control based on well water temp. I don't know the gpm range of the sprinkler valve yet, but being adjustable should also be beneficial. Dry well rate of percolation also has me concerned, any ideas that would be more suitable? (septic tank is not...
  5. TinHead

Geothermal 10% bleed off

Nice!! That looks perfect. I'll just add a ball valve and that's the metering part resolved. Thanks!! Andy
  6. TinHead

Geothermal 10% bleed off

I have a 3.5 ton water to air heat pump (9gpm) running off an open loop system in my 420' well. I currently use a submersible pump designed to run continuously with the geothermal heat pump (no cycling on and off). I am thrilled at my $160 a month cost to heat (I'm in NW Connecticut and heat a...
  7. TinHead

Pressure switch 'rubber banding' on & off

I really appreciate you coming back and telling me that, it will be very very helpful in the future. I've already made the changes and the result is obvious... it works 100% better! There is no jump in the pressure gauge needles anymore, smooth as silk both on and off. Now I have a spare press...
  8. TinHead

Thank You! I will do exactly that. Regards Andy
  9. TinHead

Thanx, it's Google Sketchup, it's free. Sorry about no labels on the lines, I added some text in paint. I'm guessing your recommendation will still be to remove check valve and back pressure switch (which sounds like a great idea) I just want to be sure cause I'm leaving in a couple of days...
  10. TinHead

Thank you for your reply. After your suggestion I realized I should have used a diagram to be clearer and to facilitate any questions, so I created a 3d model and I'm attaching an illustration. With my current arrangement neither pressure switches will operate the system properly from their...
  11. TinHead

I have an open geothermal loop in a 400' well with 120' of return line. I also use this system for domestic water. I have 2 pressure switches, one for the bladder tank, one for the geo loop. They are wired in parallel so either or both can call for pump. There is a check valve on the bladder...
  12. TinHead

Cleaning an aluminum coil of sediment

Hello <waves> I recently come to the conclusion that my ground water coil, in my Solargy geothermal heat pump is clogged with sediment (inside the coil). Being that I can't use Sizzle on an aluminum coil, I was wondering what are my best alternatives to clean this coil out. Thank you...
  13. TinHead

Determining head pressure by GPM?

valveman Don't apologize, I don't expect any responses unless at your convenience. Due to my inexperience at this, I think I misled you with my novice drawing. If my pressure tank wants to discharge to my return line it has two choices... 1) go the 'wrong way' thru the back-flow...
  14. TinHead

Bob NH Glad to hear that a single insert fitting won't inhibit flow much. (I really didn't want to have to dig up & replace that line & pitless too.) I will be sure to put a nice sanded bevel at that inlet side, as suggested. Should I install the new return line 1" as well? (as to not mess...
  15. TinHead

valveman A picture!!! Hot Damn now we're talking my speed 8) I don't have any other water needs (irrigation) so I'm gonna give it a test 'go' with the pump I have, since I still have my oil baseboard system to back it up. I do have a few more questions, very newbie in nature. I also came up...
  16. TinHead

valveman Thanks so much! You gave me the info I was originally looking for, which was how to measure the head pressure in my system, in order to size a replacement pump. Then you gave me a possible solution that didn't require a pump change at all! Cudos to whomever came up with using...
  17. TinHead

Speedbump Sorry for the delayed response. As for the wires... Line1 is opposite Load1 as it should be (open circuit), but Line2 & Load2 are on the same terminal screw, they are ALWAYS in contact (bypassing the contactor entirely). I didn't know if this was intentional, or a screwup. As...
  18. TinHead

speedbump I was thinking about taking an exact gpm from where the well line enters my basement, in order to get a grip on how hard my existing pump is working, as to assist me in sizing a replacement pump to accomodate the Geoheatpump I've aquired. Sorry if I gave you the wrong impression...
  19. TinHead

Bob NH OK, I see the GPM isn't really gonna help me here, with all those variables involved... Thanx. I went out and got a pressure gauge, only to find while cleaning the years of soot-web-and dust, there was already a pressure gauge hiding underneath the pressure switch and wires. This...
  20. TinHead

Hola I'm looking to install a barely used Geo Heat Pump in my home and I'm trying to decide on a new pump h.p. The existing well has served it's intended purpose flawlessly for 18 years with a 5GS07 (I had to figure that out -- goulds box drawing 7.5 amps on two legs at around 5 GPM). I've...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks