Search results

1. JoeT

Flange and tiling

Thanks Gary, The plumber left me enough flexibility to set the flange on top of the tile.
  2. JoeT

Flange and tiling

Hello all, I'm a newby, I searched the FAQs but didn't find an answer to this. My plumber roughed in a toilet flange for me a while ago. I'm now to the tile stage, my question is should the flange be ssecured to the sub-floor or should it be at the same level as the finished tile. I have a layer...
  3. JoeT

Toilet move

thanks guys.
  4. JoeT

Remove a shark bite

Hi folks, is there a way to remove a shark bite coupler from a copper pipe?
  5. JoeT

Toilet move

Hi, My plumber roughed in my toilet piping before I completed the space due to a scheduling conflict. The problem I have is that I'm an inch and a half off of center of the toilet stall. I can access the plumbing from the basement. My question is; Can I extend the pvc by cutting the main line...
  6. JoeT

Newbie to PEX and soldering

Shower head Ok...I have more plumbing questions. I ordered a Symmons BP-46-2X temptrol valve, which should be delivered today. I haven't ordered a shower head yet though. I'm leaning towards a 6 or 8 inch rain head. My question is, what needs to be on the end of the shower head feed pipe. I...
  7. JoeT

Thanks to all for your advice. It's greatly appreciated. Quag, that is my plan exactly.... solder everything then sharkbite to the pex.....I'm putting an access panel in the room next to the bath....just incase. I noticed that the guy who did the rough in used the sharkbite couplers for his...
  8. JoeT

Hi Jim, Thanks for the advice. I think I bumped into you on the JB forum also.
  9. JoeT

Thanks again! Any good sources on line for shower parts? I'm looking for a basic 2 handle rough in valve. My big boxes don't have very much of a choice...and plumbing supplies are closed by the time I get out of work. I don't want to spend a fourtune for a thermostatic, or pressure balanced...
  10. JoeT

Thanks Redwood. This is just a shower so it'll be just to the mixing valve. Is there something I could use to cut the pex beside a pex cutter? If I could cut a level, flat line, with a utility knife, do you think that would be ok? The pex only comes up through the sill about a foot and is...
  11. JoeT

Thanks Redwood, that's what I'm looking for. Do you know if these are available at the big box places, or should I hit a plumbing supply? Gary, thanks for the input, and I see your point, but it would be a major undertaking to remove the pex and do it in copper, I think this is why my plumber...
  12. JoeT

Redwood, no I don't have any pex tools....and yes, I can sweat copper. HJ I'm new here, so I don't know if I can post a picture yet. The plumber roughed in a sink, shower and toilet valve from my basement off of existing copper, with pex. I'm getting ready to drywall the bathroom, and want to...
  13. JoeT

Hi, I'm new to the forum. I have a question that may have been asked hundreds of times....I did search. My plumber roughed in my new bathroom with pex. I have no idea what type of connectors to use. I need to connect my shower mixing valve and don't know what to look for for the transition from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks