Search results

1. E

High water pressure - intermittent

Thanks, Steve. I hadn't correlated the symptom to use of hot water, but I'll do some experiments and pay attention to that. We have city water, and no pressure-reducing valve. I had assumed our system was 'open', but it sounds like you're suggesting the water meter out near the road may...
  2. E

High water pressure - intermittent

I have a strange problem. Normally my water pressure remains around 65 psig (checked it using a guage on a hosebib outside). Intermittently, however, it will go up; way up, to the point that the faucets show noticable resistance to turning on the bathroom or kitchen. After opening the...
  3. E

Can this be real? $700 drip

Thanks for the ideas, Devino - but you're 1 hr too late :-) I re-did the supply line side this morning; took me all of 1.5 hours, from start to cleanup. I will give my wife the bill. I still need to do the other half, but didn't have the supplies to secure the BFP as recommended here, so...
  4. E

It's irrigation that hasn't been buried yet - I can't afford a copper sprinkler system!! :D
  5. E

Thanks. I'll take a look at how I can use brackets or something to secure it. U-bolts might be the ticket. And i'll make sure it's not resting on the PVC; will probably change that elbow to copper as suggested. Looks like i'll skip having it done, and take care of it myself on Saturday...
  6. E

Thanks, cwhyu2; i'll put the caps back on! I'll have to look to see if I have room for an additional ball valve on either side; i think it will be a bit tight. When I read the instructions that it must be isolated, I assumed the valves included were intended for that purpose. Thanks for...
  7. E

Thanks for the feedback, guys! cwhyu2 - the bfp is for an irrigation system which runs off through the PVC. I installed it (and the irrigation), with the help of this forum this past summer. o'course it happens that the copper joint that is leaking is not the one I touched when doing the...
  8. E

Looking for anyone's thoughts on this.... We live in northern california (sacramento area), and called out a plumber (from a well known, larger outfit) to fix two leaks. Drip 1 - drip at the threads of a 1" copper thread fitting to 1" PVC thread fitting (see pic - lower left corner) - Quote...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks