Search results

1. jamz

New posters who cut and run

I came here a month ago looking for info on plumbing and electrical. Asked a couple questions, got some great feedback and said some Thanks. Hope to start my projects soon and update everyone. But I just cant seem to go away. You guys are growing on me. I dont have much advise to offer to...
  2. jamz

Basic Electrical Diagram

Do the new AFCI breakers contain both GFI and AFCI sensing circuitry? If so, would I still need a GFCI near a water source if the circuit is already protected by AFCI at the panel?
  3. jamz

Basic Electrical Diagram

Thanks for the clarification. I'm plan on a separate run for a bathroom that will contain a GFI. Do GFI's work under MWBC's?
  4. jamz

Basic Electrical Diagram

Ok, now im confused. Could you explain multi-wire branch circuit? In my drawing, im showing 2 separate 15a Single Pole CB's carrying 110v each. Yet they do share the same neutral. Is this a branch circuit or did I just show a 220v line? The Hots never meet. OMG....This is exactly why I'll...
  5. jamz

Basic Electrical Diagram

Your absolutely correct. Not sure why I showed it that way. Been a long day :( (revised drawing) So, you would go directly into the switch box then branch out there? I could understand this as the box would be standing height accessable as opposed to a recept access down low.
  6. jamz

Basic Electrical Diagram

Ive been reading alot here about running Light Switch Outlets separate from Recept Outlets. After speaking to a former inspector for my area, he agrees with all of you but also added that he likes to see new service for an area of the home to be brought to a J-Box as close to the area as...
  7. jamz

Looking for advice on venting

/me slaps forehead I stared for 10 min at this pic and all i can say is "DUH, im an idiot"
  8. jamz

Looking for advice on venting

Even though you all solved my issues in a seperate thread, I think ill hang out some more and increase my knowledge..... With that said, the last set of pictures (well done) it shows the sink discharging into a Santee on its side. I thought Santee's arent allowed on their sides. JAmZ
  9. jamz

Plumbing Distance

I'd like to thank all of you for responding. Your help has been much appreciated. Keep up the great work. JAmZ
  10. jamz

Plumbing Distance

I think im getting pretty good at this :D Here is a revised drawing per markts30's instructions. http://home.comcast.net/~swingjamz/revised_plumbing.jpg I totally understand this layout. But my question is the run between the sweep and the combo. Both are not in the same plane due to...
  11. jamz

Plumbing Distance

Ok I understand. I will need to tie each waste line into the wet vent seperately. Due to the pitch of the cafe sink run, i would have to stack 2 Sanitary Tee's on top of each other. One for the vanity (bottom) and one for the Cafe Sink (top). Is stacking them allowed? Is there a minimum...
  12. jamz

Plumbing Distance

I'm so getting into this. :) Ok so, Can I connect the cafe sink and the bath sink on the same run? Here is a diagram................ http://home.comcast.net/~swingjamz/layout.jpg If so, what connection do I use for "A" and "B" ? (remember that the run is not "true" horizontal as I...
  13. jamz

Plumbing Distance

Does the 1/8" horizontal pitch for every Foot apply? To revent the cafe sink, I would need to vent up vertically from the sink then 90' horizontally to the existing bathroom sink vent? How high vertically would i need go? Could i use an AAV instead of reventing? Although I have no...
  14. jamz

Plumbing Distance

Im having a new house built. I asked for the builder to rough-in plumbing in the basement for a bath. That portion is complete. The rest of the unfinished basement Is still under design. I will be adding a Bar/Cafe on the same wall as the bathroom plumbing (to the left). I have adding a...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks