Search results

1. C

just need some advise on this rookie install of mine. diagram inside.

it has been almost a year since my original post. i just wanted to let everyone know that NO my boiler did not blow up and burn my house down lol. It was a great success thanks to the help i got from you guys. House stays nice and toasty. no gas leaks, and everything works great. After that...
  2. C

ohh yeah can i use a check valve as a backflow preventer right after the system filler cut off valve? or do i need a backflow preventer?
  3. C

i plan on having it inspected and have the inspector (my best friends boss) help me fire it up. I am off to get some check valves,1 1/4" pipe to correct some pipe sizing errors that i made, and an inline air seperator. after i get it all corrected i will redo my diagram with the new goodies, and...
  4. C

No the gas line from the meter to the point were it splits is about 40-50 feet of 3/4" pipe all the way, but i was under the impression that since the water heater and the boiler are the only things in the house that use gas that it should be fine. i also had 3 contractor come down to give me...
  5. C

the 3/4" supply line to were it splits is about 4' in total length. the boiler is a new yorker cgc-50 its not an ultra efficient unit (80.3% is the rating), but the old unit was a 233k plus btu oil burning monster that didnt work when i purchased the house a month ago. The tanks is getting...
  6. C

the boilers input btu is 130000 the water heater input btu is 32000 those are the only 2 appliances that use gas in my home the pump closest to the boiler has a 1 1/4" feed and i reduced the output side to 3/4" to feed 2 runs (i think thats what you call it) being 1" and 3/4" in diameter...
  7. C

How to split one heating zone to multiple heating zones?

how difficult would it be for you to install shut off valves right before each baseboard? will that work? I mean if you simply stop the flow through each heater with a shut off valve then you will be able to shutoff each room as needed? or is this far fetched. I have a very simuar set up...
  8. C

i need info on were i should install the expansion tank? should i change that feed line from the top of the boiler from 3/4" to 1 1/4" all the way up to the split point? where do i install the autofill valve? sorry if these questions seem stupid but this is my first install and i will...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks