Search results

1. Whatnow

I have a screw loose.

Not sure about a rubber sleeve. I don't see one, but your instructions did the trick. Thanks!
  2. Whatnow

I have a screw loose.

Well, this should leave no doubt that my title wasn't far off. I'm pretty sure the toilets are Ultra Max 1-piece, not Drake. I don't have the paperwork and can't find anything inside the tank to give me a clue. (Screw loose and clueless. Can it get any worse?) Anyway, there are no visible...
  3. Whatnow

I have a screw loose.

Two, actually. The seat on my 2-year-old Toto Drake is wobbling side to side. I opened the screw covers and attempted to tighten the screws, but they just spin. I don't see any place to hold onto a nut while tightening the screw.
  4. Whatnow

Toto Drake: no glaze in trapway?

In the CR article, it indicated that most toilets reviewed are already at ADA height. I find that hard to believe, knowing that Toto offers the ADA model. Exactly what are the different height measurements? Is the Toto ADA model taller than the minimum required height for ADA qualification?
  5. Whatnow

Front of Ultramax tank broke off. Can it be fixed?

The toilet was removed yesterday to re-tile the bathroom. It was moved about 5 feet, onto the carpet in the adjoining master bedroom. When the contractor left, I saw that the front, top half of the tank had broken totally away from the tank. The break is clean, in an almost U shape. As you...
  6. Whatnow

Interior surface problem with new Toto Drake

We have further information and questions about this problem. We hired a cleaning lady to prepare the house for move-in. I told her the toilets were new and not to bother. She went ahead and used Mr. Clean and a sponge cleaner in the toilets. We'll try vinegar next time we go over, but I'm...
  7. Whatnow

Jim, can you please explain your thoughts in a little more detail? Thanks.
  8. Whatnow

There was tiling done in the other parts of the house, so thinset was definitely around. Are you saying rinsing the sponge deposited something temporarilyy (I hope!) on the finish, or that it actually destroys the finish? Is there an antidote? The discoloration at the water line is bright...
  9. Whatnow

We purchased 2 Toto Drakes with CEFIONTECT for a home we bought to renovate. Toilets were installed 3 months ago but home has not yet been lived in. Still working on it. I recently noticed that the water line in one of the toilets was discolored. Closer inspection reveals that the surface from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks