Search results

1. geof

plastic to concrete drain pipe

Thanks for the idea on flow rate. I hadn't thought of that. The bathroom and clothes washer discharge from one line to the septic tank. The kitchen sink is on a separate line. And most of the horizontal length of that line is 4" ID concrete pipe. That pipe is mostly open so I'll stay with it for...
  2. geof

Thanks for your suggestion. Replacing the whole line would be best, but better would be good enough for me now. I was thinking of just making a connection between the plastic and the concrete, not lining the concrete with plastic. This would save some digging and other work. The drain is only...
  3. geof

I am replacing a kitchen sink drain line. Outside the foundation, the old, 2" steel pipe was cemented into concrete pipe. There is a straight section of concrete pipe that connects to the septic tank which appears to be in good condition so I would like to leave it in place. The concrete pipe is...
  4. geof

water heater - TPR valve opening

Thanks for clarifying. I think the tank is defective.
  5. geof

Hot-water heated mirror in bathroom >>> is this easy to put together?

The suggestion to use a copper sheet is a good one because it is headed in the right direction. Plaster and glass conduct heat so slowly that the front of the mirror is not going to get warm from pipes in the wall cavity. Perhaps there are mirrors that are designed to be heated with water pipes...
  6. geof

no pressure in tank I found that the tank has no pressure. So it seems to have failed when the other work was done. The label on the tank gives 40 PSI as the working pressure. I assume this is what the air side of the diaphragm should be.
  7. geof

Thanks for the advice. I will see what I can find with the expansion tank.
  8. geof

When the old, galvanized supply piping to the house was replaced with copper, the TPR valve on the electric water heater started intermittently opening. The flow at fixtures in the house has increased because the old piping had a lot of restrictions. The static pressure on the cold supply is 60...
  9. geof

P trap orientation

OK, thanks. I was trying to figure out if it made a difference for siphoning from the trap or something.
  10. geof

P trap orientation

cursive u Thanks for the picture. In the picture, the trap is a symmetric, u shape. The trap I have is like a cursive u where the u starts with a vertical bar and ends with a sweep. Both sockets of the trap are vertical but the tube leading to one socket is vertical and the tube leading to the...
  11. geof

P trap orientation

I installed a 2", ABS P trap in a drain line and now have doubts about its orientation. The trap has a sweeping entrance and a 90 degree entrance. Which one should be the outlet ? How much difference does it make if I got it wrong ? Thank you.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks