Search results

1. Taylor Love

Emails are back!

I am happy to announce that the emails from the site are working again. This has been working for a while but we need a first announcement for this category so I'm going to make it about emails. This means that password reset emails and other site related emails are back online. Especially for...
  2. Taylor Love

Are you able to receive forum emails?

Trying to make sure the site emails are going through for everyone, so I would like some help with making sure all email providers are supported. If your email provider is not on this list and you are unable to receive emails then feel free to send a PM or make a reply to this thread with the...
  3. Taylor Love

Awkward toilets with threatening auras

Maybe just keep your feet off the floor. Who is going to use this one? Not me. Not sure how anyone would clean this. Seems dangerous to have around. What if someone tries to use it? Hmmm
  4. Taylor Love

Here's an online interactive thing I made for the web.

This is an online web version of the desktop application I made a while back. Try uploading an image and see what happens. https://taylorlove.info/projects/pixelstacker/demo/ (Hint: Use the scroll wheel to zoom in.) This was an experiment using react typescript and HTML5 for the canvas. I'm...
  5. Taylor Love

Testing some site optimizations

The youtube links used to take like 1.2s to load, and they used 2.2mb every time it would load. ... I mean. Honestly, no one needs an entire youtube player until they click to activate the player. The hit to the load time is uncalled for. This change makes it so you see an image thumbnail of the...
  6. Taylor Love

Notes on recent spammy ads as well as the recent forum upgrade and migration

Hello everyone. I wanted to take a moment to address some concerns that have been brought up recently about the spammy ads and notifications, and I also want to explain one of the reasons for our recent forum migration and upgrade. We are committed to providing a secure, safe, and helpful...
  7. Taylor Love

Scheduled Maintenance Sunday 2022-01-09

Hello, We're going to be doing some forum upgrades on Sunday the 9th, and probably also some forum migrations tomorrow. Just letting you all know that the forums will temporarily be either unavailable, or read-only. Thanks!
  8. Taylor Love

Building a Minecraft pixel art generator

You may already know me as @Terry 's son. A lot of times I'll be there during the upgrades or technical processes around the website. He mainly enjoys plumbing, and I mainly enjoy the software side of things. Of course we both enjoy skiing and karaoke. In my own time, when not busy at work, or...
  9. Taylor Love

Testing image uploading

This is using the image URL... This is using the file attachments button.
  10. Taylor Love

Where all the things are

If you would like some help finding a button or feature on the site, feel free to ask about it here. That way it can be documented so future people can use it as a quick reference.
  11. Taylor Love

A new site theme

Actually, it isn't new. It's the same theme every guest and new member has been using since the site upgrade in June. Turns out all veteran members were using a theme that is no longer available to choose, and so nothing looked good for them. A simple SQL query later and now everyone is using...
  12. Taylor Love

Blogs from the old forum system.

Hello, Here's a few of the old blog posts. I'll re-post them here so they can be moved to the resources section by their original posters. Note: A lot of these look more like forum posts than blog entries to me.
  13. Taylor Love

How to add a resource to the repository

Taylor Love submitted a new resource: How to add a resource to the repository - A guide to posting resources. Read more about this resource...
  14. Taylor Love

This made me laugh a bit.

So McDonalds USA got new Happy Meal boxes. This guy was so awesome.
  15. Taylor Love

Ever heard of Zipfizz?

Zip fizz is a health energy drink corporation located in Mill Creek Washington that was founded in 2003 by Riley A. Livingston who was also the founder of biogenesis. The Zipfizz energy drinks are packaged in powdered form, in the colorful tubes they come in, which are mixed with water before...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks