Search results

1. Hillel

Fire Pit Vent/Drain Pipe

My kids want to try making an in-ground fire pit in our back yard. The pit would be about 3 feet across and surrounded by patio pavers. The right place for it happens to be at the top next to a small hill downward where it would be easy to install a pipe underground out to the side of the hill...
  2. Hillel

Shower Valve Solder Leak

It appears that our master shower has a leak in the solder to the pipe which goes to the shower head. You can see the leak shooting out as a tiny jet in the picture below. This was installed by a professional plumber two years ago. There is not much room to work with the pipe above the valve...
  3. Hillel

Mounting driver for LED under cabinet lighting

Hello Everyone, Electrical safety and code question here. I am planning to install LED strip lighting under my kitchen cabinets. Unfortunately, DC transformers for LEDs do not seem to come small enough to fit in a standard gang box. The trick is where to hide it in the cabinets. I have a...
  4. Hillel

Insulation to block airflow and frozen pipes

Hello Everyone, Sorry about the length here, but this is a little complicated. Our house has just been rebuilt after a fire. The original frame including an addition that existed before the fire has mostly been rebuilt as it was. The wall between the original house frame and the addition...
  5. Hillel

Threaded vs Glued PVC floor drain pipe in cabinet bottom

Hello Everyone, I am installing a corner sink vanity that I built from an old mahogany tabletop in my dining room. The plumber set up the supply lines in the wall, but the only place for the drain was to come out of the floor. The drain pipe is 1.5" PVC. The only way to swing the vanity...
  6. Hillel

AS Cadet PRO - better or worse?

Hello Everyone, I am at the point of ordering toilets for three bathrooms as we rebuild our house after a fire. The one toilet we installed since moving in was an AS Cadet 3 (not purchased at HD) which we used for three years before the fire, and it was a great toilet. I was going to go with...
  7. Hillel

Radiant Barrier Insulation vs Fiberglass

Hello Everyone, My house is being rebuilt after having been gutted by a fire. The walls are built with 2x4 studs. Ohio building code requires R13 insulation in a 2x4 outer wall and R30 in the attic. The contractor is used to using the basic fiberglass batt with the minimal required...
  8. Hillel

Zones and sizing to replace two units with one

Hello Everyone, When I bought my house, it had two relatively old HVAC units each effectively running one floor of a two floor 2600 sq ft house. There is a 3 ton A/C unit that originally ran the whole house, and now runs just the second floor bedrooms. The first floor kitchen, dining room...
  9. Hillel

Dishwasher away from sink

Hello all, Well, thanks in part to this forum, I have proven to be so handy that the wife has a new challenge. She wants to know how possible it is to install a second dishwasher on a wall away from where the sink is. Now, it happens that the electrical conduits to run a new circuit...
  10. Hillel

Replacing lead bend clarification

Hello All, Thank you so much to everyone here who have left some great advice for those of us with DIY Syndrome. I am in a situation similar to this thread, but also requiring an offset flange. Unfortunately, I cannot get a camera into the tiny crawlspace below to get a good picture...
  11. Hillel

Outdoor 3-way switch and timer

Hello Everyone, My brother just had an electrician install an exterior flood light fixture and outlet for his patio. Apparently it needed a permit, he lives next to the vice-mayor, and not many electricians can pull a permit in our little suburb. He wanted a timer on the circuit, that will...
  12. Hillel

Shower Stall Light

Hello Everyone, The light fixture over our master bath shower stall seems to have rusted to the point that a bulb does not last more than a week. The recessed fixture is in a box shape 6.75 inches on each outside edge and 4 inches deep. All of the shower fixtures I have found locally are...
  13. Hillel

Insane Lead Drain Pipe

Hello, I am in the process of replacing the flange for the second floor toilet in my house. The toilet was originally seated by the closet bolts embedded in the concrete layer that holds the tile for the floor. A copper flange was then placed over the bolts, and the pipe coming out of the...
  14. Hillel

Replacing toilet on floor to be raised

I have to replace an old toilet that cracked recently. However, the floor that it sits on has sunk about an inch where the toilet is. The floor sinking is due to the idiodic way that the crawlspace wall beneath it that supports the floor was built, not from rotting wood. I plan to jack up the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks