Search results

1. Wraujr

Fernco on Sink Tailpiece to PVC Trap

I have a dual kitchen sink, on the non-disposal side I have a 1 1/2 tailpiece that I want to connect to 2" PVC trap. The 2"PVC trap is all solvent weld in combo with disposal drain and wall outlet. There is little room and little flexibility so using a Fernco 1 1/2 x 2 ( P1056-215 / Black...
  2. Wraujr

Stem Leak on Older Nibco Ball Valve

I have two NIBCO ball valves on the incoming water supply. One is before the meter, one is after the meter. The one before the meter, was replaced three years ago when main line replaced and it has a packing nut. The one after the meter is from original build in 1993. It does not appear to...
  3. Wraujr

Creating Adjustable Disposal Elbow

As expected, new disposal, the outlet elbow does not align with old drain/slip. The double sink plumbing is almost all solvent welded so there is no "play" or room for adjustment. Do NOT want to use flex coupling. Plenty of height to work with, just need disposal elbow with larger offset...
  4. Wraujr

Liberty Pump Switch Reliability

All this talk about Zoeller switches on M53 has me looking at the Liberty pumps. Specifically, the mobel 257 has a float switch that is a VMF which appears to be magnetic with a float. Any experience with the reliability of this technology???? Also any opinion about 257 (cast iron...
  5. Wraujr

Leveling Inside of Sump Basin

Replacing sump pump (dewater, not sewer) and I have a 18"dia x 22" deep "plastic" basin. When it ws install they tilted it such that the base is not level. Its not bowed or anything, just not level. So when pump sits in basin the 1 1/2" PVC discharge is not vertical. Old install had glued...
  6. Wraujr

Sump Pump Replacement and Check Valve

Looks like the SJ Rhombus piggy-back float switch is going bad on my 17 year old sump pump (not sewage, just basement perimeter drain and HVAC condens.). Pump switches on OK, but at end of cycle,it looks like the switch is "chattering" as the pump motor occassionally cycles on and off 2-3 times...
  7. Wraujr

Backdrafting Water Heater Has Buildup

15 Year old Draft Induced Furnace and Natural Draft gas water heater tied to B-vent chimney. All done by builder 15 years ago and inspected by county. Occasional backdraft which was caused by unsealed return air ducts in basement causing negative pressure. Sealed returns and backdraft appears...
  8. Wraujr

What is Recommended Water Pressure??

I am on city water with PRV on 1" copper input. 3/4" copper mains thru house and 2nd floor with 1/2" taps to faucet, toilets, etc. 2 floors with basement, 2.5 baths, no sprinklers, 5 people. Lived here 13 years with no problems and just bought Watts Pressure Gauge at HD and hooked to outside...
  9. Wraujr

Flushing Out 15 Year Old Water Heater

So, for the first couple years after I moved in new house, I flushed (drained) the water heater once a year (its a gas unit). Then got busy and forgot. It been about 10 years since I last flushed and heater is still fine. On city water, so water is filtered pretty well. Was going to flush...
  10. Wraujr

Will 8" of 1/2 restrict flow to 3/4"

I have a main 3/4" supply run with a 1/2" 'T' supplying a 1st floor powder room (sink and toilet). Directly underneath I am adding a basement powder rrom (sink and toilet). Due to cramped space I am unable to access the main 3/4" run with its 1/2" tee but can get to within 6"-8". Running two...
  11. Wraujr

Fixing Small Leak in Black Pipe Gas Union

While inspecting my gas furnace I had my nose nearly touching the black pipe gas union between main run and furnace when I caught whiff of gas odor. I can't smell it in the room or even 6" away. My nose must be almost touching the union to detect the smell. Suspect this leak must be very tiny...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks