Search results

1. M

NRTL requirements for user devices ???

Absolutely! A good percentage of test and lab equipment available in the US is not UL or ETL listed. I also find it consistent that so many electricans are VERY surprised by this. Yet, it is very common. Next time you find yourself in a lab or small shop of some sort, look at an oven...
  2. M

Oh yes ... thanks, it didn't sound right when I typed it .. it is Nationally Recognized Testing lab ... No, NRTLs come to a given unit by ACTUALLY inspecting, and modifying (as needed) each unit. (unless they are done in the manufacturing process). This was done to many of the several...
  3. M

Jimbo Thanks. Yes, I know that the question is a bit out of the everyday topic for remodeling guys, but I was thinking that some here still might have run into something like this. The NEC calls for "equipment" to be listed/labeled (that is, U.L listed, for example), or a NRTL (Nationally...
  4. M

I have a big problem at our new facility in MA. The local electrical inspector is telling us that all of our standard, plug-in-the-wall instruments and devices need to be NRTL rated, or otherwise listed/labeled. We are talking here about standard test boxes, such as oscilloscopes, small lab...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks