Search results

1. DaveU

Grounding cold water pipe

Hello, OK, I've been looking at this from the wrong end, I think I've "got it" now. I was always under the assumtion that cold water pipe connection was merely to supply an alternate ground - now that I understand it's real purpose, and what can go wrong, I'll certainly leave it in place...
  2. DaveU

This is the next step for me. I've posted this question in a couple of forums, and the replies I received are pretty much a 50/50 split as to whether this is a good thing or not. Thank you, regards, Dave
  3. DaveU

Thanks for your reply. Why would my pipes ever become enegized? regards, Dave
  4. DaveU

Hello, I live on an acreage in Saskatchewan, Canada, and recently had an electrical contractor out to provide buried service to the house. Because our house is about 30 years old, he also spent a bit of time bringing things up to code, apparently a requirement. One of the improvements he...
  5. DaveU

faucet base plate

Hello cwhyu2, Sorry for the slow reply, I’ve been away. Your advice about the aerator turned out to be correct! I had a closer look, and that's where the water was coming from. I removed the aerator and guess what? – the washer was missing. I had an O ring that “almost†fit, and...
  6. DaveU

faucet base plate

You may not have completely tightened down the stems when you replaced the seals. If thats not it, there's a leak inside the faucet and it's time to get a new one, they aren't too expensive. It must be the latter, I did sort of suspect that, so I'll just go ahead and replace it. Thanks to...
  7. DaveU

faucet base plate

Hi Mike, Thanks for your reply, however I wasn't clear about the type of faucet. I think you're referring to a swivel spout that is commonly used in a kitchen. What I have here is a plain jane bathroom sink faucet with separate hot and cold handles and a single fixed spout. When either...
  8. DaveU

faucet base plate

Hello, I have a Delta faucet that was leaking at the hot water stem - replacing the O rings fixed that problem. However, I now see that water is also leaking out from under the base plate whenever the hot or cold tap is opened. I suspect this means the faucet is shot. Could someone please...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks