Search results

1. MarkMcK

Pump Table Question

In looking at the Gould's pump curves/tables [GS series 4" submersible pumps], there is a line entry in the table for "Shutoff PSI". Goulds Pumps Can anyone explain these values? Thanks Mark
  2. MarkMcK

'Above Ground' Equipment

If [BIG IF here] I'm reading the table correctly for the presently recommended pump... At 500ft pump's rated for 7.3 gpm at 0 psi, down to 5.2 gpm at 40 psi, 3.1 gpm at 60 psi. Pump Spec Sheet This would be pretty close on over-pump [assuming I'm understanding the issue correctly]...
  3. MarkMcK

'Above Ground' Equipment

I've gotten a recommendation wrt a pump in-hand and they are calling for a Goulds 7GS15422.... hth Mark
  4. MarkMcK

'Above Ground' Equipment

I'm part way thru in getting water supply via well on our property. The well has been drilled and now we're on to the pump and associated equipment. Which brings up some questions on my part. [I don't intend to do this myself, but I'd like to be knowledgable when speaking to the contractor...
  5. MarkMcK

Early Design/Planning Questions

wrt the CSV neither had heard of it but were willing to install. One did suggest a variable speed pump, but I don't plan on going that route. Still looking for thoughts on PVC/PE. PE is attractive for its fewer pieces/parts and, as I understand it, reduced friction loss. The one guy that...
  6. MarkMcK

Very much appreciate everyone's inputs/comments. Here's what I've received so far from the local installers wrt the tanks and distribution lines.... Option A: 1 x Flexcon Challenger PC-244 tank [23.9 gal drawdown at 40/60] with 1 1/4 inch; 160 psi PE for the distribution lines [brass...
  7. MarkMcK

Looking for some education and advice on an upcoming project. Nothing has been done yet wrt selecting a contractor and system design, so we're pretty early in the game [no shovel has hit the dirt]. The little I've read/understood to this point has me wondering what I should reasonably expect in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks