Search results

1. Waltman

Silicone or Putty??

When mounting the drain to a whirlpool tub, is it best to use Silicone Sealant(GE II Kitchen and Bath) or straight up plumber's putty? Or does it not much matter at all??
  2. Waltman

Valves & Fixtures

Getting ready to order valves and fixtures for the MB remodel. Space contains a dedicated jet tub and a dedicated shower stall into which we'd like to install a separate wall-mounted hand sprayer. We don't like the kind that divert off the shower head. We both want something that has a better...
  3. Waltman

Mortar bed for whirlpool

How thick should I make the mortar under the support rails for a 6x3 whirlpool? Will I still need leveling stringers if using mortar? Which mortar should I use? I understand concrete and thinset are not acceptable. My thinking is to sit the tub on (2) 4x4's, pour the mortar bed, then lower...
  4. Waltman

Moving a tub drain

I need to move my existing tub drain to the other side of the alcove to accommodate my new tub...long story. Drain is 1.5" ABS, need to run 6', thru about 4 joists (2x10). Not the least bit interested in notching the joists... How do I tie this into the existing? (45*, 90* ??). I am assuming...
  5. Waltman

Need Whirlpool Recommendation from the Pro's

OK here's what I got... Looking to install a 72X36 rectangle whirlpool in an alcove, willing to do the flange kit on a drop-in unless the pro's advise against it. I only have about $1000 in the budget for this piece. I want the Jacuzzi Espree, BUT they don't make the RH Drain I need...
  6. Waltman

Am Std or Jacuzzi???

Looking for input / experience I'll be installing a 72"x36" whirlpool in an alcove. I'm looking at Jacuzzi Espree and American Standard Lifetime (Lowe's & HD) They are comparably priced. Each has 10 jets AMSTD jets are recessed (are these any good) Jacuzzi motor is 1.25 HP AMSTD...
  7. Waltman

Brass/ABS connection

Swapping out a soaking tub for a whirlpool tub. The new tub has a brass drain while the existing is ABS. What do I need to do to connect the 2?
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks