Search results

1. Nards01

Hydrogen Sulfide smell coming from sink and shower drain??

So, assuming it is the hot water what can I do??
  2. Nards01

Hydrogen Sulfide smell coming from sink and shower drain??

One of my renters says he smells hydrogen sulfide (his diagnosis) coming from his bathroom sink and shower drains "occasionally". He is familiar with the smell as he tests water as part of his job duties so I guess he knows what he is talking about. Assuming he is correct, what would cause...
  3. Nards01

Whining/noise returns after expansion tank install on cold water line - help!!

Sorry John - but if you read further in that original post I said the "burst of pressure" problem is GONE now that the exp. tank is installed. The SOUND, although gone briefly, has returned. Thanks
  4. Nards01

No, I'm not getting any pressure spikes. I adjusted the pressure from 40 to 50. The pressure is steady now. It's the SOUND I'm trying to eliminate!!!!
  5. Nards01

FYI, when I installed the expansion tank about 3 weeks ago I used the PRV to adjust the house pressure from 40 to 50. I used a pressure tester to get the readings. Since the PRV did adjust, does that mean the PRV is still good?? Or can it be failing/bad and still allow for a pressure adjustment??
  6. Nards01

Recently, in one of my rentals, the water line developed a humming or whining sound and a burst of high pressure when the water was first turned on. I replaced the hot water tank last year and upon having this problem now, I added a Watts expansion tank and raised the house pressure to 50 up...
  7. Nards01

Kitchen sink sprayer problem!!!

Got the diverter free from Delta. Replaced it easily and used silicone-based plumbers grease when reassembling everything. Works like new now. Thanks for all you help even the smart@#$!!!
  8. Nards01

Is this the correct diverter??? http://plumbing.hardwarestore.com/51-286-faucet-stems/delta-diverter-assembly-121434.aspx#features
  9. Nards01

Thanks for your quick response. I'm going to fix in the next couple of days. It seems like an easy fix but I'll let you know how it went.
  10. Nards01

Here are some pictures of it!! I don't know the brand or model number. It is in a rental unit of mine and was there before I bought the place 7 years ago. But, here are some pictures of it. At least I know it isn't a Moen - no cartridge.
  11. Nards01

I have single handle faucet with a separate sprayer on the right side of the sink. Until recently, when I used the sprayer the faucet water shut off as it should. Now, when I use the sprayer there is less spray pressure and the faucet runs. How can I correct this - new sprayer??
  12. Nards01

Moen 1200 cartridge - can I just replace the rings??

I have a used Moen 1200 (brass) cartridge. The shower was dripping so I replaced it with a 1225. I now need to fix a different shower and I'm wondering if can re-use the brass one by simply replacing the four o-rings on it?? I figure bad rings are really what causes it to leak correct???
  13. Nards01

Peerless kitchen faucet leaking at base of spout!!!

HJ - thanks for your response. One other question - if I attempt to unscrew the cap will too much pressure cause damage. Is cranking a monkey wrench on it about the only way to get the cap off??
  14. Nards01

Peerless kitchen faucet leaking at base of spout!!!

I have an older model (model # unknown) Peerless two handle faucet that is leaking at the base of the the spout. I assume that the o-rings need replaced. But, there is a cap on the top of the spout neck that appears to screw off so that you can remove the spout to get to the o-rings. I tried...
  15. Nards01

Moen handle problem!!

The handle isn't broken though. The screw just won't unscrew. But, if I do as you suggest what's the best way to "break" the handle off. Again, I want to be able to attach my Moen puller to the bad cartridge by screwing the puller into the "necK" of it. Isn't that what the handle is screwed...
  16. Nards01

Moen handle problem!!

I went to change a Moen cartridge and of course the 1st step is to remove the handle screw. Using a phillips screwdriver, I can turn the screw while holding the handle but it won't UNSCREW - it turns as apparently does what it's attached to. I have put pressure on the handle to help pull out...
  17. Nards01

Flushes evry other time ??

OK I did the bucket test. It flushed the first and second time but the third bucket wouldn't do it. I'm sure it's a clog but it must not be very far down the line. That auger that Terry recommended may do the trick. I'll let ya know.
  18. Nards01

Redwood, I'm going down to the house tomorrow to try the bucket test. If I dump a bucket of water in and it flushes, I assume that mean's its not a blockage. But, rather something else??
  19. Nards01

Terry, Can I use this closet auger directly thru the toilet??
  20. Nards01

I think you're right about a blockage. I have a snake that runs off an electric drill. Can I put that right into toilet and run it thru or do I have to take the toilet off its base??
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks