Search results

1. T

Dishwasher waste water

I have attached a picture of our kitchen layout. If I do run the waste water through the cabinets how would I replace the line if there was a problem? The dishwasher is the blue item on the wall toward the top of the screen.
  2. T

Dishwasher waste water

Fine state of Virginia.
  3. T

Dishwasher waste water

None so far. The room is 10 feet wide and 12 feet long. The drain pipe for the sink is on the 10 foot wide wall and vents through the roof. From there the pipe goes into the crawl space and runs down the center of the room perpendicular to the 10 foot wall. I think it's 2 inch pipe. The dish...
  4. T

Dishwasher waste water

We are remodeling our kitchen. In doing so we are moving the dishwasher about 12 to 15 feet and around the corner from the sink. I have run power and hot water supply to the new location. I can easily run drain pipe down into the crawl space and to the kitchen sink waste line. I thought...
  5. T

Do I have a problem?

Thanks for the info Wow that was everything I was looking for. I think I will put it back just the way it was with a tie bar on the two breakers. If I rememeber correctly if the breakers are not half size breakers and are one on top of the other they are on different phases and balanced. If...
  6. T

Do I have a problem?

I live in an old house. Built in 1925. The wire in question is an older wire but not that old. The Circuit breaker box is new 200 amp. The wire has a metal jacket and three covered wires in it (black, white and red) the metal jacket is the ground. It looks like something used for 240, or 3...
  7. T

Leak story with questions

Thanks for the words of advice. What you say is too true. I am comfortable doing everything but drywall. As soon as I get over that the sky is the limit.
  8. T

Ok I guess I was just making sure I was not going to get a resounding don't do it yourself. I can cap off the supplies and the drain system once I open it up so that we can continue to live we just can't use the upstairs bathroom. I know I will have lots of questions once I get going. I...
  9. T

Background: We have lived in a house built in 1925 for a year now. Everything above the basement is CI pipes plumbing wise. In the basement copper has been patched in here and there. The patchwork is terrible; it is direct connect from CI to copper. I have started to put in Dielectric unions on...
  10. T

1925 shower drain SLOW

Thanks I will try that. I will try anything now.
  11. T

1925 shower drain SLOW

I snaked it. I got about 20 feet in. I didn't hit any real obstructions and didn't bring any gunk out either. It might be slightly faster but not much at all. I have started the enzyme treatment again because I have nothing more that I know of to try. Any new ideas are appreciated. Thanks for...
  12. T

1925 shower drain SLOW

Pretty sure all the original stuff is cast iron. No way to see the plumbing for this shower. I tried one of those flimsy plastic things you get at home depot that have sharp pointy snaggers on the side. I couldn't get it through the trap. My snake is the $10-20 home depot version. Looks like...
  13. T

1925 shower drain SLOW

I recently bought a house built in 1925. Much of it is original. There is a shower on the second floor that is tile and grout. The drain is very slow. When I take a shower it gets ankle deep. The shower and drain look original but it looks like the shower was regrouted because I can see that the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks