Search results

1. jjamison

3/4 PVC to 1/2 PEX please

I purchased a SharkBite U058LFA Plumbing Fitting, 3/4 inch x 1/2 inch, Brass. It fits the 1/2 PEX just fine, but the 3/4 inch PVC does not fit. Confirm for me that PVC and CPVC have different OD? Such that if this fitting is suited for 3/4 CPVC it won't fint my 3/4 PVC because it sure seems to...
  2. jjamison

Water out when Brine Drawing

Sounds like Amazon! I suppose a reasonable expectation in the near future might be just to be able to say something like "Alexa, remember where I put something... I just put this old piston in the study cubbyhole."
  3. jjamison

Was rooting through my study today and found the original piston in question. Sigh. You know how you loose things mainly in two ways? Either you put it somewhere "special" where you know you'll never lose it and therefore it's lost. Or you tuck it in a place that's out of the way for safety...
  4. jjamison

Stumped with toilet tank iron

My toilet tanks, bowl and especially reservoir in the back, are finally iron free. After replacing all my seals and spacer and injectors I was good to go. I also used a water pick and softener cleaner inside the valves. Anyway, it was a matter of cleaning and replacing what I couldn't clean...
  5. jjamison

Injectors are all the same

ooh thank you this is very interesting, thanks for the edit = extra info! I need to think about this. I had a #1 white injector "factory installed" on my 5810 katalox light with pot perm tank, but replaced it with #00 purple as that's all I had. A #00 purple has been installed on my "other" 7000...
  6. jjamison

Injectors are all the same

I've always been daunted by the apparent complexity of my fleck valve injectors on a 7000 or 5810, but, and check my thinking, they are all the same differing only in the size of the hole and that's what the colors represent. And the size of the hole is based on tank diameter? So whether it's a...
  7. jjamison

Do filters have injectors

as always, thank you DH! Regarding backup parts for these filter valves I guess my real question is: what parts should i have on hand? so even if the filter doesn't use the injector or brine valve, i should have replacement o rings i'm guessing my answer is that even though a filter valve might...
  8. jjamison

Are the answers the same for an electric tank water heater?

Well. I started with a few years of a mechanism dropping chlorine pellets into the well, but eventually transitioned to a stenner pump injecting chlorine into the line. Maybe I introduced some bacteria working on the system post chlorine removal. In any case, a while back you mentioned testing...
  9. jjamison

Thank you both for your thoughtful answers! Unfortunately larger lowboy water heaters are a special order at the big box stores. But, a flood in my crawlspace wouldn't be disastrous. In any case, thanks again. My wife wants me to wait so I suppose I will.
  10. jjamison

I've been enjoying the threads: Can I just wait until my water heater fails? and Can I fix this water heater or is it time for a new one? I have a Rheem lowboy 47 gallon 82Sv50-2 manufactured and installed in 2004. I recently had hot water odor and some sediment output on the hot water side...
  11. jjamison

Do filters have injectors

For example, would a fleck 7000 carbon filter or calcite filter, backwash only, no drawing of anything, have an injector? I know they make the dummy injectors. So do filters have two dummy injectors or nothing or if they have an injector what does it do? Thank you!
  12. jjamison

Injector screen for 5810

Thanks for your kind reply DH. I PMed you. Interesting you say screen not necessary. Now that you mention it I can say of the ten or more screens I've cleaned, not many to a professional perhaps, I've never seen anything stuck in the screen that was screened out. Hum.
  13. jjamison

Injector screen for 5810

Can y'all help me find an injector screen for fleck 5810? Diagram shows it as part number 43719. It looks like the injector screen for the 7000 except it is shallower and a bit more fragile.
  14. jjamison

Problem solved. I cleaned the injector/screen channels with a Water Pik and citric acid and replaced the injectors with new ones I didn't realize I already had. Both valves are now drawing. Not sure if it was cleaning or replacing injectors or both or maybe one on one valve and one on the other...
  15. jjamison

Well that was fun. I have no idea what I did with the original piston. It seems unlikely I threw it away, and I looked in the garbage cans, so it must be tucked under a fold a pvc somewhere in the crawlspce. I looked there but didn't see it. I'll try again tomorrow. From this post about a...
  16. jjamison

Hi dittohead! I did not notice a white dot on either the original or replacement piston. I'm not sure what you mean by drain 90. I did remove the drain flow restriction button and adjusted the drain line and gap for maximum flow with no change. Perhaps as interesting is the fact the next tank in...
  17. jjamison

I have a Fleck 5810 that has recently stopped drawing “brine” (it’s actually a katalox light tank with pot perm being drawn). I cleaned the injector (yellow and white) and screen and replaced the piston seal assembly with this part: 61956-01...
  18. jjamison

More testing the next day late afternoon (previous samples were also late afternoon). Soluble Iron zero Total Iron also looks like zero BYPASS softener Soluble Iron zero Total Iron about .1ppm. BYPASS softener, centaur carbon, and second Katalox Light tank Soluble Iron 7-9ppm Total Iron not...
  19. jjamison

Iron CHEMets Kit results Soluble Iron zero Total Iron .1ppm, maybe, see image below. The first is using the soluble/ferrous iron procedure. The last image below is using the total iron procedure with activator solution. So... even in the middle of the day I have .1ppm of total iron making its...
  20. jjamison

Thanks Reach, wabbit and dittohead! My long term goal is to have a filter/dog washing house where I can access filters standing up. I added and switched out tanks over time. The chlorine was not an original installation. It looks like I already had started chlorine injection when the blog began...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks