Search results

1. Peterson

Kohler Highline Tall? K-25224 with 19" tall bowl

Does anyone have any experience with the Kohler Highline Tall toilet? It's 2 inches higher than a Comfort Height toilet. This caught my attention considering that almost everybody in my family is all over 6 feet tall.
  2. Peterson

Toilet Flange Issue

I had some bathroom remodeling done in which I had to remove the toilet for the plumbers to work on the tub/shower. When I went to reinstall the toilet, to save on frustrations, I took two small nuts and bolted the closet bolts on to the flange so they wouldn't shift around when I was trying to...
  3. Peterson

Kohler canister flush valve question

I was at Home Depot yesterday and there was a Kohler toilet tank sitting out on a shelf (someone must have taken it out of the box or something). It had a canister flush valve that looked to be the same diameter as a standard flapper flush valve. They called it their "aqua piston" something...
  4. Peterson

What was your favorite 3.5 gallon toilet?

I'm just curious.... What 3.5 gallon toilet did all of you plumbers recommend before toilets switched to 1.6 gallons per flush? Any that you didn't recommend? It seemed that back in the day that purchasing a toilet wasn't such a big deal until it was mandated that all toilets today have to...
  5. Peterson

1950's Eljer Toilet Tank Wires Question

Hi Everybody I'm posting this question for my neighbors down the street. They are having toilet troubles and asked me whether I could help them fix their toilet. I really don' t know the answer to their problem, so I told them I would post online here and see what the professionals have to...
  6. Peterson

Cast Iron Porcelian Enameled Toilet Bowl??

Hi Everyone! I'm having new flooring put down in the bathroom, and I pulled up the toilet (a 1970's elongated American Standard Cadet) and I noticed all this what looked to be like rust staining on the floor underneath. After scraping the wax seal off of the bowl, I noticed the more of the...
  7. Peterson

Refinishing/Repainting Fiberglass Tubs?

Hi Everybody Maybe this summer, or next year, we are going to do some serious bathroom updating. My home was built in the 70's and two of the bathrooms are vintage retro 70's colors. We have harvest gold fixtures in one of the bathrooms, and peach/tan fixtures in the other. In each of the...
  8. Peterson

Toilet Question

Hi Everybody I have a question. Actually, it's for my neighbor. In response to seeing my "new" handicapped toilet I installed in my bathroom which I wrote about months ago, my neighbor decided that he wanted to replace one of the toilets in his house with a handicapped toilet. He went...
  9. Peterson

Cracked toilet?

While cleaning the floor in the bathroom, I noticed that my toilet has what looks like to be a hairline crack in the bowl coming from around the floor bolt cap straight up the side of the bowl. The hairline crack is probably less than two inches in length. I run my fingernails across it and I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks