Search results

1. Livin4Real

Replacing Double Garage Doors With A Single?

I'm looking to replace my old beat up double roll up doors with one big single garage door. Our garage has about a 2' gable overhang above the doors, I'd like to know how one goes about supporting the area above while replacing it? I plan on using a glulam and it'll be about a 16' span...
  2. Livin4Real

Paint Sprayers

Drywall is wrapping up in the next day or two and then I'll be painting and plan on spraying since I have alot to do. So what is a decent sprayer to get me through 4 rooms and ceilings that won't break the bank?
  3. Livin4Real

Square D Circuit Breaker Recall

For the pro's and diy'ers out there. I just installed a new square d homeline panel and breakers and will be checking mine. NEWS from CPSC U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission Office of Information and Public Affairs Washington, DC 20207 FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE October 30, 2007...
  4. Livin4Real

Liquid nails for securing flange?

Just had ceramic tile put down in the bathroom floor this weekend and the tile guy suggested liquid nails instead of drilling through the tile to secure the flange. What's everyones take on this? The flange is a snug fit, I used a 5" hole saw for a 4" flange so it's a perfect fit if it matters.
  5. Livin4Real

Water Heater Modification

I came across the following site awhile back. I just picked up a new Rheem 50 gallon electric and will be doing a complete tear out and redo on our current plumbing and before I install the new softener and heater I figured I would check opinions on this kit before I did anything. Do you guys...
  6. Livin4Real

Interesting Inspection Photos

Came across this on This Old House. Interesting to say the least Just noticed also when you get to the end of this slide show there are plenty more of crazy inspection photos. :) http://www.thisoldhouse.com/toh/photos/0,,20057325,00.html?xid=cnn-1007-nightmares-viii
  7. Livin4Real

Which Pex Fittings?

Hey guys, I'm replacing all the supply lines in the house with a home run pex setup with manabloc. I am trying to eliminate all joints and would like to keep everything pex (i.e. stubouts for lav and shower,) Does anyone know part numbers or specific fittings I should use? No copper will be...
  8. Livin4Real

How long of a wait with ceramic tile?

In the process of remodeling our bathroom. Our house was built in the 60's and everything plumbing wise has to go. Now my problem is our house only has one bathroom so obviously I'd like to get it done in a short as possible time once started. The wife has decided on ceramic for the flooring...
  9. Livin4Real

Bathroom exhaust venting question

This could apply to the plumbing forum as well. Since I'm remodeling the bathroom I went ahead and bought a new exhaust fan to install. The previous owners just had the exhaust venting into the attic :mad: so I will be running a new vent. Now my question, is it possible/permissible to just run...
  10. Livin4Real

Do A/C Units Run Out Of Freon?

A friend and I got talking about replacing his a/c unit and I mentioned I thought I needed to recharge mine as it didn't seem as cold as it used to. He said that they don't "run out" of freon like cars, that it must have a leak. The unit is about four years old. Is there any truth to what he...
  11. Livin4Real

Plumbing Project Thread

Hey Guys, I'm closing in on finishing up a full gut and remodel and have now come to the plumbing portion. House is freshly drywalled all but the bathroom and surrounding area walls so I can get to everything until the plumbing is complete. House is a one-story with full basement built in the...
  12. Livin4Real

A Couple Toto Questions

Hey Guys, I'm in the home stretch of a complete gut and remodel on our house and am about to start on the plumbing. After reading the posts here and abroad I'm going with the Toto Ultramax and just have a couple questions. 1.) Which is whiter, colonial or cotton white? I can't tell from...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks