Search results

1. Livin4Real

I finally made up my mind

I honestly don't want to vote for either this time around. The thing that scares me with McCain is will he be any different than Bush? I think those two have share alot of the same views and I don't think the world can handle another 4 years of that. I'm a die hard republican but Bush flat out...
  2. Livin4Real

square, not round, water heater drip pan

m enards has them, we have one under the water heater and one under the softener. They were like $10
  3. Livin4Real

What would you do?

Definitely need more info on the piece of property to ballpark it's value. Things to consider for it though: quality of area schools, ISO rating of the closest fire dept. ( I was a firefighter for 7 years, the lower the number the cheaper your insurance). How close EMS services are.Ease of...
  4. Livin4Real

electrical plan for Kitchen remodel

I just finished up a complete gut and remodel and figured while it was all apart I may as well rewire everything. I went ahead and ran 20a circuits to everything since cost is not a huge difference and who knows what the future may bring eh? I ran seperate circuits for my fridge, dishwasher...
  5. Livin4Real

Wiring Plan - Do I need a subpanel??

I ran seperate circuits for my fridge, microwave and dishwasher to avoid any issues. Obviously your short on circuits but if you go the subpanel route it's something to think about.
  6. Livin4Real

Front door question

It would have to be mounted to the outside frame and not the door (door opens in, or at least a front door should). You can pick up the piece at your local hardware store.
  7. Livin4Real

Installing attic ladder - joists are overlapping

Hopefully smithx3 means "i-joist" instead of 2x4".
  8. Livin4Real

Replacing Double Garage Doors With A Single?

They actually have a hybrid version of glulam and lvl now. I'll try and find a pic. It's a glulam beam with the top and bottom layer being lvl. Supposed to be wicked strong. I used a glulam when I took out the wall between our kitchen and living room but will be looking into the new ones when I...
  9. Livin4Real

This is my problem. I'm sure they had a wonderful reason for running the ceiling joists this way :rolleyes: I've put this project on hold and decided to finish the basement....again (I'm in Martinsville, IN , recently wiped off the map due to floods :( )
  10. Livin4Real

That's what I thought. The house was built in the 60's and I haven't had a chance to check out how they attached the overhang to the current headers which is worrying me. That'll be my weekend goal, lol.
  11. Livin4Real

I'm looking to replace my old beat up double roll up doors with one big single garage door. Our garage has about a 2' gable overhang above the doors, I'd like to know how one goes about supporting the area above while replacing it? I plan on using a glulam and it'll be about a 16' span...
  12. Livin4Real

VISTA...again!

Depending on what type and how old of a pc you have, the fronts can be usb 1.1 and the backs can be 2.0. So some devices will work and some won't especially in vista which IMO until next year won't be worth installing due to bugs. Now you might try the following and see if it works for you...
  13. Livin4Real

Kitchen Cabinets

Check out Kitchen Kompact as well, nice quality at a great price.
  14. Livin4Real

splitting speakers

Just T-off and run the amp to both volume controls (LR and DR) then run your wires to each set of speakers from the individual volume controls. As long as all speakers are matched you won't have any issues. 2.) If it's a theatre room then I wouldn't bother with connecting it to the whole...
  15. Livin4Real

Kaspersky Anti Virus

AVG is an excellent program to use. I've been running it for years now with no issues. It's also free. Another wonderful program is ad-aware , it's free as well and will remove all spyware from your system.
  16. Livin4Real

working with pex

no problem, the drop ears work great for things like that. I used them in quite a few places around the house.
  17. Livin4Real

Addition Foundation question

Ahhh, gotcha. I have seen builders pour footers in the wrong place and then pour right next to them to correct it but this is before the house is bearing on it. I'd give an engineer a call and ask their opinion.
  18. Livin4Real

Addition Foundation question

You would be better off pouring all four walls, would end up with a much stronger foundation for the addition. Then when you lay the block just leave an access on both ends of the new addition and knock out a section in the old crawl where the new opening is.
  19. Livin4Real

working with pex

I used pex drop ears on mine, they have three screw holes to attach to cabs/walls etc.
  20. Livin4Real

PEX Pros and Cons

There are other manufacturers of brass pex fittings. Vanguard, durapex to name a couple who haven't shown up in any legal battles so far.
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks