Search results

1. PlumbingNewb

Moen Posi-Temp,No water pressure on hot side in shower

I yanked the cartridge out with pliers and it didn't rattle like a spraypaint can when I shook it. It looked like one of the rings was missing and the side rubber piece was broken and may have been blocking the flow. I got a new cartridge and its fine. Thanks for your help
  2. PlumbingNewb

I pulled that little U out of the top there, but I am having a lot of trouble getting that plastic part out of the middle.
  3. PlumbingNewb

I'm not really sure where to go from here to take the valve apart. I'm sure you guys would know what to do... What should I try to do? Snap off that HC white piece of plastic or what? I have no idea what to do with this Thanks!!
  4. PlumbingNewb

It doesn't look like there is really room for me to take much apart there without busting tile. What would a plumber check next to see what the problem is?
  5. PlumbingNewb

Thanks, I'll make sure to turn it off. When you say open the valve what am I doing and trying to accomplish? The middle piece?
  6. PlumbingNewb

I put it in the open position and every other position while the water was turned on and nothing comes out... What is the next step to try? Thanks
  7. PlumbingNewb

Here is a pic of what I'm talking about, see attached
  8. PlumbingNewb

Thanks, I turned the right one and it turned the cold water off. When I turn the shower handle to hot, nothing comes out even when I turn the one on the left which I assume is for the hot water. The sink and everywhere else gets hot water. Should I open up the valve on the left that must...
  9. PlumbingNewb

:confused: ok I got the faucet off ok and behind the part you turn there are two little knobs you can turn with a flathead screwdriver. Should I mess with those? Maybe they are closed? There seemed to be a lot of drywall over one of these. I'm assuming they are hot and cold valves or...
  10. PlumbingNewb

shamless bump... just need to know if I unscrew this thing if anything bad can happen and if I can actually get the valve open for hot water somehow even though I can't see one until maybe I open the thing up.
  11. PlumbingNewb

If I remove the handle is there anything you suspect I can turn to open it up behind the wall like a valve or something?
  12. PlumbingNewb

Thanks I'll try that. I don't think there is a leak though because my water bill is like $40 something a month and I take 2 showers a day so its not outrageous. The shower handle on off looks like this: I can't put a link so try this: Moen Legend One Handle Chrome Shower Only Faucet...
  13. PlumbingNewb

I have the handle that goes around in a full circle from cold to hot in my guest shower. When I turn it to cold I get normal cold water, but when I turn it all the way to hot it basically shuts off and nothing comes out. I have a washer/dryer 2 stories below this room and it seems that in...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks