Search results

1. T

Question about pressure tanks?

I was looking at an extra pressure tank that I have and noticed some kind of black valve or something at the outlet. Is this a valve that closes when there is no water in the tank? Do all tanks have these? The reason for my question is...the tank I installed was sitting outside a few...
  2. T

Water Woes

Began having pump problems, pulled the old jet pump and foot valve. Installed a submersible and now the water smells. I have a sediment filter under the house and it seems to catch a lot of sand/gravel. When the filter starts getting well used the water smell is worse. I've done the bleach...
  3. T

Submersible barrel test

Got it Yeah the control box was needed it has a capacitor and another little electronic gizmo on it. I had only the bottom half of the box and borrowed the top half from my dad and got the pump to pumping like crazy. I've got a new control box on the way. Now I just need to find the well...
  4. T

Submersible barrel test

It's wired to two breakers. I have 230V. There is no control box with capacitors. It is a three wire pump. It pumps for maybe 15 seconds and then quits the pipe is still vibrating a little. If I leave the juice on in about 30 seconds the pump will begin pumping again but only for another 15...
  5. T

Submersible barrel test

I just pulled a submersible pump from some property I recently bought. While trying to barrel test it, the pump will kick on and pump water for a few seconds and then stop pumping. I still have the 80 feet of pipe installed on the pump just as it was pulled. I have this 80 feet of pipe in a...
  6. T

Pump Motor Hums

No Moe Hummin took the back cover off that covers the fan, checked wire connections to the 115V / 230V switch and all other electrical connections inside the capacitor box, removed a loose screw that was laying in the box and wha la... no moe hummin. I'll keep an eye and an ear on it for a few...
  7. T

Pump Motor Hums

So by bladder, do you mean the air bladder in the tank? if so...it's ok I added air thinking I needed to and then wound up removing air and I got no water out of the air nozzel. The pressure switch seems to be cutting in and out where it should. When the motor starts humming and trying to start...
  8. T

Pump Motor Hums

Humming This really bites...I had a myers pump for 20 years with no issues until it starting leakin out the seal. This one's only been in for 3 or 4 yrs.
  9. T

Pump Motor Hums

I have a 1/2 HP Myers RC5 pump on top of a 20 gallon pressure tank. Recently I've noticed that the water pressure in the house would just stop and then a few seconds later it would be back strong. I observed in the well house that when the water is being used the pressure slowly drops to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks