Search results

1. White Tiger

Caulking for shower

We have an apartment that we installed a new tub and surround, anyway the surround did not fit perfectly tight around the tub and there were some gaps that needed to be caulked. About every six months we have to reseal it from the water that the shower sprinkles on it when taking a shower. My...
  2. White Tiger

Receptical Surge protector

I just replaced my refrigerator and wanted to know what your opinions are about installing a receptical surge protector? Thanks:)
  3. White Tiger

Thermostats

What is the best way to tell if thermostats are bad in electric water heater? I checked elements and shows 12-13 ohms. I also replaced top thermostat but when I turned water heater back on I could not hear any sound of element starting to heat up water. How should I check the bottom thermostat...
  4. White Tiger

Water heater reset?

Please excuse me, this is my husband forums, but I feel like I have to try. We have a small apartment building (3 units) and a call came in that a water heater is not heating. The breaker is the first place I told her to look. She said something about a reset button. Is there a reset...
  5. White Tiger

Outside Light

I have a double light with motion sensor above the garage and it stopped working but I can hear the sensor click as though it senses movement but will not light. I am assuming it is bad as it is ten years old but I wanted some opinions from the experts. Thanks!:eek: Have a nice day.
  6. White Tiger

Tub Surround Advice

I am working in a bathroom that the walls need replaced bad but I dont want to change the tub, we are looking to find a surrond to fit onto a standard type tub. We will remove everything to the studs, Lowes has some has tub surrounds that can be mounted to the studs with nothing behind. What are...
  7. White Tiger

Shower

I have an apt that I recently put a new shower valve in (two handle with diverter) and as soon as it is turned on the shower instantly comes on without pulling up the diverter valve. Any suggestions would be appreciated. THanks!:confused: :eek:
  8. White Tiger

Need Advice

My question is I need to replace a toilet in an apartment and am looking to go to the local Lowes to purchase one. What would be the best performing brand and not drain my bank account? Obviously it is not the AS Champion as to reading pages and pages of complaints,so any opinions will be...
  9. White Tiger

Stud Finder

Can anyone tell me where I can find a stud finder that will work on plaster walls and be accurate. THANKS!:confused:
  10. White Tiger

Leaking Toilet

My toilet keeps kicking on about every 15 or 20 min. I cant see water running in the toilet from the reservoir, so I put a llittle food coloring in the tank and sure enough the color went into the bowl. Sunday I put a quarter turn supply valve on and also took the float valve out to twist and...
  11. White Tiger

Bathroom sink faucet

I have a peerless faucet in the bathroom sink that has a continuous drip.It seems to be on the hot side,it is a two handle faucet and I would like to know what tools and repair parts I would need.Any help would be greatly appreciated. THANKS!:confused:
  12. White Tiger

Checking Electric Water Heater Parts

Merry Christmas everyone! How do you use a VOM meter to check a heating element or a thermostat to tell if it is bad? What scale to use and what reading is an indication of failure? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks love the forum.:confused: :)
  13. White Tiger

Solder and Flux

What is the best brand of solder and flux to use for copper pipe?
  14. White Tiger

Another soldering question

Is soldering brass to copper the same teqnique as copper to copper ? Also what is the best solder and flux to use and propane or Mapp gas. Thanks for the info, your site is the best for the do-it yourselfer.:confused:
  15. White Tiger

Water Heater Repairs

I have a tenant that did not pay his water bill and the service was shut off. I am sure he left the power on and continued to drain water out of the heater for flushing the toilet until it was empty. My question is how to test the elements and thermostats to see if they are working?
  16. White Tiger

Solder?

What is the best type of solder to use for copper pipe and is there acertain type that should be used for soldering copper to brass? Also the best type of flux for each application. I am a do it yourself person and just wanted to know what the pro's recommend and is Mapp gas the best type of...
  17. White Tiger

Hot Water Heater drain valve

I have a ball valve 1/4 turn made for water heaters to replace the plastic one.My question is when I install the valve should I use the white tape around the threads or something else? Also what is your opinion about this type of valve in a water heater? THANKS! :confused:
  18. White Tiger

Hot Water Heater noise

I have a gas hot water heater that makes somewhat of a gurglin noise when the hot or cold is tuned on about half way and higher. The noise gets louder as I increase the pressure. Any suggestions? THANKS! :eek:
  19. White Tiger

Finding Studs

Does anyone have trouble finding studs in a plaster wall? I have not had much luck in locating studs in my garage wall that is plaster. I have tried using a stud finder (ZIRCON) not having any luck, tried 16in. on center after finding one only through drilling small holes about every inch. I...
  20. White Tiger

Water Heater Question

I have a gas hot water heater and after a shower when the water is heating up there is a noise that sounds like little rocks on the inside. I know that our water is kind of hard,also the heater is only 4 to 5 years old. Any input from anyone? THANKS! :eek:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks