Search results

1. rudebutler

Indirect water tank or should I....?

Bob- Thanks for the clarification. I get it now. Hot water from the coil is drawn into the electric water heater when you use it at the tap or for an appliance. Unless I have this wrong, I don't think it will help me. Nobody is home during the day, so there is a demand for hot water in the...
  2. rudebutler

Marlin- I have 250 amp service, plenty of space in the panel, and 2 220V appliances (stove, dryer). (When I did the addition we upgraded the panel with room to grow:D ) I think the idea behind Bob's setup is that the tank is filling off the coil so you're not depending on it to heat the water...
  3. rudebutler

Bob- That sounds like a good system. If I understand correctly, the water goes into the electric tank after it's been through the coil before heading to the baseboards and hot tap outlets. So the tank is attached to the hot output of the boiler after the circulator and the output from the...
  4. rudebutler

Thanks for the quick replies! I had a load analysis done before I built the addition. According to the 2 contractors that gave me bids, the unit is adequate for my house. It doesn't seem to run excessively even on the coldest of days, but considering the hot water issue...:confused: The...
  5. rudebutler

Hi- This is my first post on this forum. I've been reading a lot of the posts and I'd just like to say how polite and knowledgeable everyone seems to be. I'm considering having an indirect-fired water tank installed. Any thoughts/comments will be greatly appreciated! I live in the...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks