Search results

1. tamosius

Toilet flange too low

Corney, if I were you, I'd use this product: http://set-rite.com/ As for myself, I'll probably going to go through concrete floor, cut flange, extend the pipe, and once heated floor is installed, and tiles are in, only then I'll install flange. Or install flange just before tiles. I still...
  2. tamosius

Toilet flange too low

Corney, I have similar issue. My flange is going to be even deeper from surface, might be ~3". And, it's in a basement, with concrete floor. I decided to installed in floor heating, so I'm putting a layer of insulation, pipes, and then on top a layer of gypsum, then tiles. Hence 3" flange...
  3. tamosius

Solving the puzzle: venting + re-plumbing

Would some one give me a bill size range for such job? I understand this wouldn't be narrow range, just approximate of what to expect. I just don't want to do :eek: face once I hear the price :) as well, I'm ok to do hard work, like cutting into concrete, and stuff, and preparing site for...
  4. tamosius

Alleluia, brother GrumpyPlumber... As well, add to re-doing 3 times, add additional time that is required compared to how long contractor would be doing the same thing. I'm starting leaning towards hiring someone to do the job, I have not decided it yet, though. As well, in any case, I want...
  5. tamosius

So, I can not ask "why?" in this forum? Sorry, but for me "why" is most common question - part of the learning process - can not do anything just because someone said to do so. I need to know why. As well, prevents from doing similar mistakes in the future. Look at patrick88 post (thanks...
  6. tamosius

Hm.. I would understand why sink in a basement would gurgle when dishwasher/kitchen sink drains when drain pipe size is 1.5", but I when kitchen sink+dishwasher are connected to 2" over 1.5" pipe, so in theory 1.5" should never fill 2" pipe... :confused: Is anyone willing to fill this gap in my...
  7. tamosius

Strict is good - keeps you from troubles in future. As well, I'd rather build to more strict code than to an existing one, that might me outdated. Just as an example: I found in the same book that ABS over time becomes weaker, and splits (Book is plumbing 1-2-3, written for Canadian market)...
  8. tamosius

Sorry for such big delay. Work that buys bread, and my kids eat most of my time. Here is layout plan, check Layout.jpg It shows fixtures upstairs and downstairs, so they are overlaying, but colors are different, so I hope it is understandable. As well, the way levels are split is shown in...
  9. tamosius

Thanks David for corrections, and guiding me to right direction. I called that main stack vent "a wet vent" because there is something connected to it - a sink in upstairs bathroom (shrug). I'll check terms in plumbing book, as soon as I get back home. I'll drop a picture tomorrow (aka 1...
  10. tamosius

Thanks for the info/suggestions. Quick 2 questions even before I do research on "bathroom groups": a) is it ok if I connect toilet + shower to main vent (it would be wet vent, 3" size, only 1 sink is connected above) b) is it ok if I connect toilet + shower to dry vent that is used by washer...
  11. tamosius

Agree.. how about slightly modified version: I don't trust in my ability to find a contractor whom I could trust, in Vancouver, CA area. Especially after Vancouver has won bidding for 2010 Olympic games, and now building industry is booming, and best ones are so busy it's simply too hard to to...
  12. tamosius

As promised, here is a picture of what I'm thinking *right now*. How many WTFs can you count? As you can see, there is not much changed to improve venting there - I'm still scratching my head over this issue. So, what do you think?
  13. tamosius

Yup - that's the plan. I'm planning to throw all this away, as soon as I have a good plan, and know what I'm doing. Right now I'm working on different ideas how to layout pipes. Challenge (to me) is that it looks very busy. I was even thinking about double-wye.. I even checked some existing...
  14. tamosius

and that would be the exact reason why I'm asking for some help. Nobody was born knowing all that. ...or right, if I will follow your suggestions? ;) If I would be inclined to ignore suggestions, I wouldn't ask. On the other hand - I already ignored suggestions from some Home Depot "pro" who...
  15. tamosius

Hi all, Look what I found when dig through a slab in my basement. For some reason, my common sense (quite week in plumbing) says that there is something wrong here: 1. It uses same main sewage lines and/or wet vent from kitchen upstairs (a sink + dishwasher are connected to that line)...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks