Search results

1. jawx

Shower Drain Vent?

Length of Arm The arm is now 10" + 15" at 45 degrees to the main drain. As planned, the arm would be 8" +22" at 45 degrees to the main. It could be made longer or shorter. Since I am replacing copper with plastic, the trap is a little larger diameter. Sorry about the pictures--they are...
  2. jawx

Shower Drain Vent?

:confused: I am replacing the shower pan, which moves the drain 14†toward the corner (It’s a quarter-round showerpan). The main 3†copper vent pipe has a horizontal 30†long segment, which nearly crosses the shower drain’s vertical path. The nearest connected vent is the main, which...
  3. jawx

Which Shower Valve is best?

American Standard Thanks for the opinions! The reference to American Standard is about the agreement to sell its bath- and kitchen-products business to private-equity firm Bain Capital Partners LLC announced on 7/24/07. See WSJ article for details: http://online.wsj.com/article/SB...
  4. jawx

Which Shower Valve is best?

I am replacing a 20-year old Carefree single-handle shower control--there are no replacement cartridges; Universal Rundle is not supporting them. I found that the Delta protrudes farther from the wall than the others, which is a problem for me, but it seems to be a solid control. I actually...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks