Search results

1. fredgmeyer

Thermostat with remote sensor

Thanks all - I ended up picking up a Honeywell T9. I wasn't aware that it could operate in simple tandem with a remote sensor. I took a quick look at the Nests, and figured I might likely have a protracted battle against Google's need to collect data on users. Not sure Honeywell won't...
  2. fredgmeyer

Thermostat with remote sensor

Wondering if folks were aware of a thermostat that can be controlled via a remote sensor. I'm not really looking for (and actually trying to avoid) some of the "smarter" fully-networked HVAC systems with multiple zones, app-controlled functionality etc. Ideally, this would simply be a...
  3. fredgmeyer

Just replaced my water line; now my water smells and tastes funny

I just removed the old galvanized service line from the house to the property line with 3/4" Type L copper. Now the water has a strange smell/taste - similar to what it smells like when you're using the torch to heat the couplings during soldering. This was my first major plumbing job, so it's...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks