Search results

1. Mosh Pit

Sewer cleanout cover right next to pine tree

A Pine tree has a Giant Tap Root. I would say no worries, as long as the Tap Root can get water. It must be getting water or it would be dead. As long as the trunk does not hit the clean out you should be OK. Over Head Power Lines are more of a worry with Pine trees. Good Luck.
  2. Mosh Pit

Replacing/retrofitting an old wall mounted toilet

I want to update you guys on what I've done. 3 months ago I replaced the handle on my 3.5gpf wall mount Yorkville with a BlueSource dual flush handle/fill/flush valve. I think it was using about 2.5 gallons on liquid waste and 3.5 gallons on normal waste. Seemed to work pretty well until it...
  3. Mosh Pit

DO NOT BUY FROM HOME DEPOT...and here's why and what happened to me today !!

A year or two ago the Home Depots around here stopped giving store credit for no receipts. I buy so much stuff from Home Depot it is a huge hassle to keep all of them. I only keep the ones that I need to show for warranty requests. They let you check your credit card for receipts so I started...
  4. Mosh Pit

Hmmm this is a tough call. On one hand I am stuck with some inferior options and on the other hand I'd have to go through a lot of hell to put in a Toto. We spoke a lot about Gerber options. Does anyone have any experience with the American Standard Yorkville toilets? How do they fare against...
  5. Mosh Pit

Hi Jim, Not looking to move the toilet. I want to put it in the same exact spot but just have it go through the floor. I think I can meet the slope and flange distance. My concern is with the block wall. Do you guys ever get jobs where you need to put a hole through a foundation block wall for...
  6. Mosh Pit

Help installing toilet flange

Thanks I will try this test. Do I basically open the trap and see if its not full of water after draining the full sink?
  7. Mosh Pit

Help installing toilet flange

WHen using the T-slots, you want the small end of the slot on either side to be at the flange rough-in distance, or maybe with a slight amount of room to the end of that slot. This is the strongest part of the slot. The SS ring is good. The flange you have has a socket on the bottom. This means...
  8. Mosh Pit

From the tank's #, it appears that this a "Yorkville" toilet, in which case it is a "rear outlet floor mounted" toilet NOT a wall mounted one. Therefore, if this is indeed the case, the "commercial" wall mounts, or even the residential ones would NOT work for you. You need a "ROFM" toilet and...
  9. Mosh Pit

Kitchen Renovation, Time to Plumb for Dishwasher

1. Actually, it, or an air gap connection, is REQUIRED. 2. Dishwashers typically do NOT have a valve on the drain so the water would just drain out of the dishwasher as it tried to fill. 3. Connecting the dishwasher directly to the drain can cause poluted water to back flow into the dishwasher...
  10. Mosh Pit

Water boiler pressure/bleeding questions

1. There should be an expansion tank in the system to account for variations in water volume based on temp - the pressure should be stable. 20psi is on the high side of normal (often around 1 atmosphere - 14-15# - but usually at least 12...there's a pressure relief valve usually set at 30psi...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks