Search results

1. Arfeller

Electrical box manufactured incorrectly???

Ok, Figured it out. This box is designed to be used with the mud ring. I found the correct box with the tab on the back for normal installation. False alarm! lol.
  2. Arfeller

Electrical box manufactured incorrectly???

I bought a couple electrical boxes and when I went to install on some new construction I got very confused... Yeah, this is supposed to be pretty simple installation I have done many times before but this box has me flummoxed. I actually think it was manufactured incorrectly. Am I missing...
  3. Arfeller

Moving sanitary sewer main during house remodel

Thank you and yes! That is exactly what I ended up doing. A lot more detail in this follow up post. Please note the black ABS that is shown in the picture for the outside connection was all removed and replaced with white PVC gasket fittings...
  4. Arfeller

Do main stacks have to be vertical?

Ah... Yeah. I see what you are saying about the vent for WC. That change will be easy. Thank you. Layout for walls attached. Also included a sketch that shows the venting configuration. Ignore the drain section as it was an early drawing and did not have the drain lay out correct. Thank...
  5. Arfeller

I have enough room to do 1/4". Thank you for bringing that to my attention!
  6. Arfeller

Thank you for looking at my question and taking time to respond. The normal layouts and alignments I see all have the stack coming in horizontal and then going vertical with the lines inside the house coming into a vertical stack. I was planning on keeping my stack horizontal and coming into...
  7. Arfeller

Major remodel. Basically demo'd half the house and rebuilt. Poured a new concrete footing and relocated the bathroom and kitchen. Way more then I first intended. Isn't it always?? But... I messed up and did not allow for a channel through the foundation for the sanitary sewer line. The...
  8. Arfeller

Moving Sanitary Sewer Line for house remodel

I cross posted this in the remodel section. Not sure if better in plumbing or remodel forum. I am remodeling an older home that is currently on post and pillar construction. I will be pouring a footing around the perimeter to add a foundation. I am also going to square up the house and get...
  9. Arfeller

Moving sanitary sewer main during house remodel

I am remodeling an older home that is currently on post and pillar construction. I will be pouring a footing around the perimeter to add a foundation. I am also going to square up the house and get rid of all the current jogs in the exterior walls. The main sanitary sewer pipe is fairly...
  10. Arfeller

Using Multi Conductor wire for heavy load

I recently saw multi conductor wire being used as the feed for a load center. All the conductors were stripped separately and then all put together under the clamp on both ends. Normally I would see a multi strand cable used. The multi conductor wire looked odd and I would think it would...
  11. Arfeller

Good Water heater brands? Reliance, Kenmore....

Actually, what I noticed was the 12 year warrenty models all had better insulation then the lesser versions. I'm not so much worried about the warrenty as the efficiency as the unit is located in an unfinished basment that gets pretty cold in the winter. Also, local PUD and City requires a...
  12. Arfeller

Good Water heater brands? Reliance, Kenmore....

I need to replace my hot water heater and would like to purchase an electric unit 66-80 gallons. 12 Year warranty. I live in a small town and have found two units that match this Reliance 80 gallon, 12 year warranty (12 80 DART) Kenmore 80 gallon, 12 year warranty Does anybody have...
  13. Arfeller

Two outlets from one switch

Yep, one hot pair and two load pairs out. I bought an oversized (deep) box so things tucked in very neatly. Thank you both for the response
  14. Arfeller

Two outlets from one switch

I would like to supply two outlets from one switch. However, the outlets are on opposite sides of the room with the switch in the middle. Normally, i would daisy chain the outlets together but in this case I would rather have them both fed from switch independently. I don't think putting...
  15. Arfeller

Toto annoyances after many years

Once I stop laughing I'll put some serious thought into a solution. I'm not sure if this is a troll.... Some thoughts, do you have an elongated bowl or round? I think an elongated bowl would help with this problem. I don't suspect it is related to the brand as toilets all use the same seat...
  16. Arfeller

Bidet Seat Real-Life Photos

I have a photo I took but can't get it posted here. Need link but don't have way to get on net. If you private message me your email address I can send it to you. It is a toto toilet and a washlet seat. 800 pixels or less
  17. Arfeller

email alerts for you sump pump?

Nope : ) It was missing your signature all caps word somewhere in the post!
  18. Arfeller

HJ! I think your post is missing SOMETHING... : )
  19. Arfeller

This system has a sump level alarm add-on. I'm not sure if you can only buy the control module with the alarm or not... but this is one option. http://www.homesecuritystore.com/p-756-visonic-powermax-kit2-powermax-plus-wireless-alarm-kit.aspx But this is one system that will do that. Maybe...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks