Search results

1. Eltorro

old McDonald deep well jet pump

I called and got prompt service..emails were ignored.. With jet jp708 the range was 30-50 feet...jp709 the range was 40-80 feet.. Thanks for all your help... Rich.
  2. Eltorro

Only emailed so far..No replies.. Thanks for your research.
  3. Eltorro

Been there done that but nothing on past models. Thanks anyway. Rich
  4. Eltorro

If I do pull the old pump will the water stay in both lines for the most part? Will I just need a modest amount of water to prime the new pump? Rich
  5. Eltorro

Don't they attach larger pumps to the motors as the hp increases? I assume you could find no details on McDonald .. Rich
  6. Eltorro

It is 1/2 hp motor and 2 pipe system. I assume if the well is 175 ft deep it is a deep well pump. The pump is very old..I hope you can find the details so I am able to replace it with the proper pumping capabilities. I just need to know how deep this model was good for. Rich
  7. Eltorro

Does anyone have information on a McDonald pump installed about 1972..the model number on the pump itself is 4651..the motor is 1/2 hp..It would be great if I could find out to what depth this model was capable of pumping. It seems that this unit was part of the 4600 series . It...
  8. Eltorro

Shower faucet drip a lot while showering

Current spout is threaded. Can I use a set screw spout without replacing the threaded nipple? Rich
  9. Eltorro

Actually my wife thinks she wants brass so the probability the whole thing will go..On that subject what would be you normal process for removal? I obviously can't use a pipe cutter in that confined area..Or can I just get brass trim, shower head etc and keep this valve? Dick
  10. Eltorro

One screw the handle came off..2 screws the decorative cover came off then that is what you saw..it was very simple. Maybe there to more to it on current models..This one is 30+ years old..I didn't touch the guts of the valve. No functioning parts were removed except the handle. Dick.
  11. Eltorro

I took it apart so there was no confusion on what I had..so I could provide a picture. Must have taken 2 minutes and not being an expert or I'd be giving answers rather than asking, wasn't sure where the diverter was located. Yes I should have called it spout and not faucet.
  12. Eltorro

I have an old Delta tub/shower control. All of the water isn't diverted to the shower head when showering. On this type you pull the plunger on the faucet to shower. I have no model number to search on but I took a picture you can view at http://home.comcast.net/~richandellen/DSC00844.JPG...
  13. Eltorro

bathroom p trap wall pipe

Well thanks it worked as you said.. I was hoping I could tell when I cut too far but the part screwing into the female portion is also brass.. thought I could uses the filings as a tip off to stop cutting..Took out a small section and was able to use my screwdriver to unscrew it.. Had some...
  14. Eltorro

I think I have it..the trap nut with some rubber washer screws on the end of the nipple..Then you slide the waste pipe into it.. Dick.
  15. Eltorro

Thanks again..There was a nice shinny crome pipe that went into the wall and there is was chrome cover that goes covers the wall hole. This is what I am stuck on..if the adaper is out 3/4" it can't work that way.. Is there someplace on the net you know of..don't go looking..I can..that will...
  16. Eltorro

I have no idea what length I need..hard to visualize when I haven't seen these respective parts put together..I just don't know how I can tighten nuts or whatever is used to seal the p trap to the adapter behind that wall with such a small opening.
  17. Eltorro

That threaded opening is really 1 1/2?? Even thought the chrome trap is advertised as 1 1/2 it is quite a bit less.. Dick.
  18. Eltorro

It looks like the material is lead..inside the female threads.. I can't use a propane torch? Please don't laugh... The plastic adapter will be behind the wall?? Where can I send my check I really appreciate it.. Dick.
  19. Eltorro

How is the new trap sealed to the new adapter? There are no threads on the chrome wall waste pipes I've seen.. Dick.
  20. Eltorro

First thank you very much..This is a very tight area for hack sawing.. Are you saying to cut the part that looks like a 6 pointed nut? It looks like the female thread is part of the nut looking thing..so I'd cut from the inside..right? What would that plastic male adapter be called?? Sorry...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks