Search results

1. Steven62

Sealing Pex Radiant Tubing with a Sealant??

The only way I know of to permanently fix that, is to re-do the repair and use a high quality clamp made for the system....
  2. Steven62

Boiler piping

I suggest getting a book called, "Pumping Away" by Dan Holohan, and maybe posting a diagram so folks here might have a better idea what you are up against. The book will pay for itself in short order!
  3. Steven62

Wood Stove Hot Water Danger..

I agree! Absolutely the safest best way if just have to do it. I also have had experience like SolarSteve. I used to live in a remote location where I had to haul water from a well, heat it on my woodstove for a bath. It brought back good memories! :D
  4. Steven62

Hydronic radiant heat stat

I agree with LEEJOSEPHO We usually spec a dual temp type stat for these systems, and that way we have lots of adjustment room. Most of my customers report turning down the central heat after installing floor heat. If you wish more detailed info P.M. me
  5. Steven62

Kitchen Remodel and Radiant Heat.

If you use Onix tube instead of pex, your per foot cost will be a bit higher but you do not need transfer plates. You can run a bit higher temps with onix and it is easier to install. Pex needs transfer plates mainly because it grows like crazy and makes noise, and pulls away from the floor...
  6. Steven62

Studio 7 in Seattle June 28

There are more than a few things I miss about Washington State, having moved to Missouri some years back, and one is the great variety of music and shows, awesome garage bands (and some of the best Highland games & Celtic gatherings!) I lived in Grays Harbor County for years, outside of Elma...
  7. Steven62

Radiant floor heat design help

Try calling Watts radiant, and asking for tech support in Hydronics. They will be glad to get you started, or fill in the blanks, as it looks like you are on the way. 800-276-2419 or 800-255-6108
  8. Steven62

nuheat floor mats wire hookup

Nu Heat I downloaded the pdf file for the Installation, and it does not show how to rough in the wiring. Go to www.suntouch.com and click the literature link on the home page. From here, go to manuals and guides, and click on elctrical rough -in. It will show a nice perspective view of a wall...
  9. Steven62

Adding a zone to my Hot water heat system

adding zone If you still need help with this, give the guys at Watts Radiant a call. Ask for Hydronic technical help. 800-276-2419 They will help you design the best option!
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks