Search results

1. inforapeek

What You Love - Water Softener, Sandtrap, Iron FIlter?

Gary, I don't know that much about the valves, other than I've read about them and heard you and many others mention that the Clack valve is the best, but is it not a digital valve? The main reason the water treatment company (owner) suggested Fleck is because, in the south, we have high...
  2. inforapeek

An AN filter will remove dirt/sediment to like 20 microns or less. We can't see particles below about 45 microns in size. Gary and BobNH disagree then - I was going by Gary's statement that sediment would be removed by the AN mineral bed. Although, BobNH - what I see when I change the...
  3. inforapeek

You need to treat your acidic water. Although there are many causes, that is probably what caused the pin hole leaks in your copper tubing. I agree The best way would be a backwashed acid neutralizing sacrificial mineral filter. I have read about these, but I am not familiar with how they...
  4. inforapeek

Softened water is lacking in calcium and magnesium. Hard water is good for YOU not your shower walls, laundry and fixtures. Iron can foul your softeners mineral bed. This is why I recommend a hard water drinking water faucet at your kitchen sink. You can water your plants with that water and...
  5. inforapeek

I could not locate a convenient water testing lab and I wanted quick results. Can anyone suggest a source - I live upstate SC.
  6. inforapeek

I don't understand why you would want to just remove the iron from the drinking water and the icecubes. Iron is good for you. I believe it is sometimes hard to communicate things on an internet forum. I truly want your educated opinion. We have lived in our home 22 years. We recently...
  7. inforapeek

Synthesis Cyanuric acid (CYA) was first synthesized by Wöhler in 1829 by decomposing urea and uric acid at high temperature.[1] Today industrial manufacture of CYA for use as a precursor in the manufacture of such products as bleach, disinfectant and herbicide..... Applications FDA...
  8. inforapeek

Thanks for your reply - and I hope you won't get irritated that I keep asking questions. I have since received the water analysis from the pool company (I converted to grains per gallon)). total alkalinity = 19ppm (1.11 gpg) pH = 6.6 calcium hardness = 43 ppm (2.514 gpg) copper = 0...
  9. inforapeek

Thanks - I do appreciate your advice. If I install an iron filter and then a softener, will that be sufficient for the whole house - including water at the sink? I asked if the sandtrap was necessary as I am not familiar with it and feel it is being suggested to take care of the high amount of...
  10. inforapeek

Thank you both for your replies. I never intended to drink softened water at my sink - both the sink water line and the refrigerator water line will be bypassed (water straight from the well after passing through the sandtrap), with softenend water going only to bathrooms, washer, water...
  11. inforapeek

Thank you, speedbump, for replying. Our property and the area in general lies over a bed of rock. We've been told we live in an area with some of the cleanest water in the area. Although we've used whole house sediment/carbon filters for years, we are tired of changing the cartridges and no...
  12. inforapeek

Hi all~ I need advice and opinions I've recently received an estimate (modestly high) on installation of water softening system - I am on well water. Hardness level is 8 grains per gallon- an iron level of .6 ppm - pH 6.7 - with high sediment. I believe the flow rate is about 8 gallons...
  13. inforapeek

Best Home Water Softener System & PEX or CPVC?

To Bob NH: You may be unabel to answer this, but I'm curious if you feel it might be possible to snake the Pex through openings in the lower level ceiling to the openings of the wall in the upper level toilets and sinks? We plan to redo the entire lower level ceiling, so the size and amount...
  14. inforapeek

Thank you for your reply, Bob NH and to all who have responded. Even though my heart wants to try the PEX, I don't wish to deal with flushing all the lines the first 3-6 months after installation, and then once a week for the first year. I am also concerned with rodents gnawing - we live in the...
  15. inforapeek

Thanks for the replies. Since I am leaning toward using CPVC, other than good sharp cuts to prevent the pipe from splitting in the first place - once it's in the (insulated) walls/ceilings, are there any worries I need to be concerned about? What is the best way to secure the joints to prevent...
  16. inforapeek

Hi Guys, I posted a few months back in regard to finding a reliable plumber for repiping (corroded copper pipe) our 22yr old multi-level home, on well water. I was undecided between the PEX and the CPVC, but have decided to go with the CPVC (already installed in a newer part of our home)...
  17. inforapeek

Referrals: replumbing contractors

Okay, thanks so much everyone for responding. I wasn't so much trying to get an estimate specifically for what my job would cost - just trying to prepare myself for what the price range might be. Are we talking $15,000 or more?? What might be the highest it could run? I like the idea of...
  18. inforapeek

Thanks for the reply, Grumpy. I understand the reasoning why most good plumbers stay with copper, but our well water is just too hard on it. We must not only replace pipes, but constantly replace fixtures, fittings, etc for various reasons and put up with the blue/green stain. I am in...
  19. inforapeek

Has anyone had dealings with Delta Mechanical, a nationwide, nonfranchised company which specializes in whole house replumbing? They are a turnkey operation (repair damage to walls, etc). I imagine they are more costly than using a local contractor, but curious if anyone has any thoughts or...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks