Search results

1. SteveL1

Water Pressure issues

I just went through the same thing as you, so here is what I did. Go to Lowes, HD, any old hardware store and buy a pressure gauge that screws on to a hose bib. Maybe $9 tops, but I got one on clearance at Lowes for $4.50. Hook it up to the outside hose bib closest to your meter and check...
  2. SteveL1

Follow up to low pressure thread, lots of new data...

The plot thickens..........went to wash the car this morning and hardly any pressure at all. Checked it and was around 32psi.:( Neighbors was the same so I called the water company, again, and they are suposed to call for an appt. in a day or two. What the heck is going on here???? Seems...
  3. SteveL1

OK, here's some more data......filling a 5 gal bucket in the upstairs bath tube took 67 seconds. The same bucket in the kitchen sink, 2 min. 35 sec. A hose bib in the garage roughly 30' from the meter.....35 sec. !!!! Yikes, 35 seconds.:eek: And I made a huge mess trying to hold the bucket up...
  4. SteveL1

Getting a new water meter...can I have them....

OK, here's some more data......filling a 5 gal bucket in the upstairs bath tub took 67 seconds. The same bucket in the kitchen sink, 2 min. 35 sec. A hose bib in the garage roughly 30' from the meter.....35 sec. !!!! Yikes, 35 seconds.:eek: And I made a huge mess trying to hold the bucket up...
  5. SteveL1

OK, here's a bunch of data to mull over.......I decided to check the pressure of everything after getting a new water meter installed on Tues. Presuure at the closest bib to the supply is 50 psi. If I turn on the kitchen faucet, which is about 10 ft from the source, it drops to 45 psi. When I...
  6. SteveL1

OK, here's a bunch of data to mull over.......Presuure at the closest bib to the supply is 50 psi. If I turn on the kitchen faucet, which is about 10 ft from the source, it drops to 45 psi. When I turn on the sprinkler system, pressure drops to 30 psi at the lowest with zone 4 on, and 32 psi for...
  7. SteveL1

OK, lets see......yes there is a back flow valve on the lawn sprinkler system. I may have been wrong on the 5/8" line so I will check that tonight. I am going to buy a pressure gauge on the way home tonight so I can get a reading off my system and the neighbors. I've allready placed a call to...
  8. SteveL1

Well, I got the new meter this morning and there was little to no change in the pressure or flow throughout the house or sprinkler system. The guy that installed it was clueless and said that I needed to call the "trouble shooters".:mad: These are the guys that were here two weeks ago and said...
  9. SteveL1

Sorry abo9ut not posting a location. I'm in St. Louis County, MO, more specifically a city called Warson Woods. I don't know if the supply line is copper or galvinized but will check when I get home tonight. To answer the question about why I'm getting a new meter, I called the water company...
  10. SteveL1

The meter is mounted inside the basement on a line that comes through the foundation. There are no exposed pipes outside at all. My thought was that the line from the foundation wall to the supply line may be the problem. Are you saying that this is my responsibility or theirs? I really don't...
  11. SteveL1

Getting a new water meter on Tues. and was wondering if I can have the tech check the supply line from the street to see if there is any built up deposits that could be restricting flow/pressure? The house is about 45 yrs old and I have been experiencing a low pressure situation for a while. The...
  12. SteveL1

Special heads for low pressure situations?

How on earth do you check for leaks other than looking for pooling or buldges in the turf? I will have to look in to changing ou the nozzles too.
  13. SteveL1

Special heads for low pressure situations?

I 've got an in ground system with 8 zones and am fighting a low pressure situation in a few zones. Some heads won't even pop up and others just run very lightly. I've had the water company come out and they say that the pressure meets their minimum requirement so I assume that my options are to...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks