Search results

1. FatDaddy

JADO Kitchen faucet question.

Thanks. Problem resolved. Called DVX (they seem to have bought JADO and someone else...who can keep up with the M&A in that space?) and the tech support person said that it was the cartridge. They no longer support the line and the parts are not really available so she sent me a new faucet with...
  2. FatDaddy

JADO Kitchen faucet question.

I have a JADO NEW HAVEN SINGLE LEVER KITCHEN FAUCET I am on a well. All seems good throughout the house at all faucets and the other kitchen sink (Kohler faucet is working normally) Some time ago I noticed a slight surge when I was using the hot water. Now it is quite noticeable and might even...
  3. FatDaddy

Piping question

No longer an issue. I got a plumber who re-piped it. The line from the house to the drywell is now questionable but I bought some time,for now. When I get my septic pumped in Fall I will ask about a new drywell. Sure wish I had public sanitation lines...
  4. FatDaddy

Piping question

This mess all drains to a drywell. The pipe to the left, that connects to the Y (that is backwards) is from the slop sink about seven feet away. The flexible drain from the washer is in riser, with a p-trap. The vertical PVC with the clean-out is from the kitchen and drains two sinks up there...
  5. FatDaddy

Kohler faceplate question

Thanks. Will do,tomorrow. Kohler said the same. They even suggested needle nose pliers but that does not look too plausible. I will hit the collar with Kroil or white vinegar...probably Kroil. Then I will give it a try. Should work but these simple jobs frequently go on too long. Again,thanks!
  6. FatDaddy

Never mind...I need to remove the collar #871118. I think I will ask Kohler for the "special tool" if I can get through. Thanks anyway...I have always liked this site!!
  7. FatDaddy

I have the Purist K-T14421-3 and my diverter button set screw is loose. In order to tighten the screw I have to take the faceplate off and it seems to be held up by something. I can put a putty knife behind it but it is just not coming off and I do not want to damage anything. Kohler support is...
  8. FatDaddy

How to fix leaky lead joint...simply

While removing the brass cap that was absolutely frozen in place on a four inch waste cast iron waste line,the joints were disturbed and now leak a bit. What is the best method, short of digging out the lead (and possibly oakum?) to seal the leaks? Epoxy putty? Heavy duty caulk? (If so, brands?)...
  9. FatDaddy

Odd question...as usual!

I am very,very focused on not putting anything down the drain. The cement-like clog is weird and must be from the surfacants in the soap. I will look into grease traps and thank you for the link to ClogHog. I may just buy some 1 1/2" hose and attach it to my ShopVac. The ShopVac works but I need...
  10. FatDaddy

Odd question...as usual!

My kitchen sinks and dishwasher and the slop sink in my laundry room drain into a drywell. The pipe is 2" pvc and the run is fifty feet or more to the exterior where it leads to 4" (or more?) cast iron pipe going out to the dry well. The dry well is no longer accessible. My issue is that even...
  11. FatDaddy

Hot water heater questions.

I have a John Woods oil fired hot water heater with Beckett/Carlin burner. JWF657 Installed 8/11/05 63 Gallon capacity. I have been getting sediment and rust, periodically. Draining and flushing is not an option right now, but when it warms up I can try. What might be going on? I am almost...
  12. FatDaddy

Waste water backup.

Doubt what? The "wye" is about 3 1/2" o/c from the start of the 4" line. The riser with the p-trap is about 13 1/2" o/c from the 4" line. The septic guy said that since he could not fit a big headed snake into the line there probably was little good done by his snaking with the small snake. He...
  13. FatDaddy

Waste water backup.

That was my immediate thought,thus the call to my septic guy. Not so sure now. Re-piping is in order but they configured it that way for a reason(s) as the previous owner probably used experienced plumbers.It is on my "to-do" list but not high (it is a long list) and as long as I watch my...
  14. FatDaddy

Waste water backup.

No doubt, BUT with the amount of water we sent down the drain without issue, I have to think it is the piping that leads to the four inch.
  15. FatDaddy

Waste water backup.

I was leaning towards that BUT the lines seems clear...again, as clear as a seventy year old line can be. It must be something to do with the jumble of connections and while I want to correct the issue, as long as I watch the drainage and do not stress it with too many discharges at once I may...
  16. FatDaddy

Waste water backup.

Thanks. I sort of agree. It must be in the configuration leading up to the 4" connection.
  17. FatDaddy

Waste water backup.

I have an odd situation and will do my best to explain with thanks in advance for any advice given. A brief explanation to the photo: The riser has a clothes washer discharge in it and is 18" above the assembly leading to the 4" cast iron line that leads to a drywell outside. The line leading to...
  18. FatDaddy

KOHLER Double Handle Lav. set QUESTION

Kohler came through and will send correct R/L stems. New issue... Working from above to take out the old stem (5/8" deep socket) the assembly below began to turn. I have taken the whole assembly out (valve body) and the stem just won't come out. No real corrosion but I applied CLR and Kroil...
  19. FatDaddy

KOHLER Double Handle Lav. set QUESTION

I have a K-14406-3 http://www.us.kohler.com/webassets/kpna/catalog/pdf/en/1106616_5.pdf Situation: The plumber who installed did it backwards so that the cold (on the right) opens clockwise and shuts counterclockwise. The hot on the left opens counter clockwise and closes clockwise. It was...
  20. FatDaddy

Several questions about water heaters. Oil or heatpump?

My household heat is hot water with an oil fired furnace. My household hot water source is an oil-fired hot water heater. So I have two burners. The motor on the hot water heater burner is giving out. Thank you, Dana, for your advice. I will look into converting the whole house at some point...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks