Search results

1. Chucknewell

Gravity-Flow hot water recirc.

Recently did a kitchen remodel and while the walls were open I piped in a hot water recirculation system. It's 3/4" out of the water heater and into the attic. About half way to the kitchen it branches to the bathrooms (capped, not connected yet) and is reduced to 1/2" for the remaining 20' or...
  2. Chucknewell

PEX & Rodents - Copper & Corrosion

I asked a local plumber, here in California, about using PEX (yea, I know it's not approved for use here. Politics.). He said the problem with PEX is thirsty rodents (he said rats) gnaw through it to get to the water causing leaks. Copper seems to have corrosion problems here. Many houses...
  3. Chucknewell

Using PVC for Hot Water Drain

What is the concensses for using PVC for the drain line of a dishwasher? I know it can't be used for hot water distribution but it is used for drain lines. I installed a Johnson Tee in the wall of my kitchen instead of a counter top air-gap and plumbed it with PVC, see photo. Afterward I...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks