Search results

1. Don Gwinn

Confused about mortar under tubs...

I'm going to try it on the piles. My concern was how to locate the piles so I wouldn't set any feet into them, but it sounds like these little pillars (maybe 3/8" across) will find their way down to the subfloor if one or two gets a little mortar underneath. Thanks!
  2. Don Gwinn

Confused about mortar under tubs...

Here's what I'm not getting, and maybe I'm overthinking things. I have a Sterling Ensemble tub, which is built with small round "feet" all over underneath. There are probably 15-20 of these small pillars built into the bottom of the tub. I'm well over 300 pounds and I know I want to use the...
  3. Don Gwinn

pipes in outer wall

Necroposting, sorry, but this was exactly my question too. It's about 10 degrees here today and I'm thinking about exactly this issue. I'm putting a 60" tub and shower into the end of a room where the studs of the walls are exactly 60.25" apart, so it's a tight squeeze. It's a short room...
  4. Don Gwinn

Air injection tubs - good or bad?

Necroposting! I've been told that the air-injection tubs (at least the Maax Aerosens) allows use as a standard tub--soapy water and all--whereas the standard water-jetted tubs would be ruined by soap. True?
  5. Don Gwinn

Toto Dealer in Central Illinois?

Is that you, Ghost of Christmas Future? Showing me my fate? Furd, your point is well taken, but we like St. Louis so we just made it a family day trip and had fun with it. It was actually a pretty good day. We followed up the toilet-shopping with a trip to the Galleria and my wife got to...
  6. Don Gwinn

Out of the 7 Toto dealers I called in the St. Louis area, ONE place had ONE Aquia in stock. I asked one guy how long backorder would take and he asked (I am not making this up, kids) how close I am to retirement. I'm not even sure that means what he thinks it means, but I gathered that the...
  7. Don Gwinn

DIYing is a craft that can be learned!

That story about the Wright dad sounds apocryphal, but it's true that there were people who seriously proposed shutting down the patent offices in England in the late 19th century on the grounds that there would be no more useful inventions forthcoming . . . ever. :eek:
  8. Don Gwinn

I found a closer place, Winnelson Plumbing Supply in Edwardsville. Not really a lot closer milewise, but they're on this side of St. Louis so I don't have to go through the city. That's really never that much fun! The crazy thing (to me) is that Winnelson quoted me $206 for a round-front Toto...
  9. Don Gwinn

I live near Springfield, IL and, although I think you've convinced me I want either a Toto Drake or an Aquia, I haven't found a dealer closer than Champaign-Urbana, Chicago, or St. Louis. St. Louis is the closest of the three, but it's still a good haul. I'd much rather drive to a dealer...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks