Search results

1. cheech

Main shutoff leak

No luck so far Well, thanks or the advice so far, but tightening the nut did nothing. It tightened about 1/32 to 1/16 circumference, but had no effect on the leak. One other clue for the experts: when I gently press down on the stem, more water comes out. To Ian: since I can easily shut...
  2. cheech

Main shutoff leak

I just bought a house, built circa '70s and shut off the main water shutoff valve to the house so I could do some repair work inside. When I turned it back on, it now leaks through the stem. Familiar problem I'm sure, since the valve probably had not been touched in awhile. Do I have to...
  3. cheech

Shower faucet problems

Thank you! When I took the thing apart, the springs sprung, so I didn't see how they were originally configured. I put the rubber seats in first, since they fit in there so nicely. Doing it your way worked much better! It's all put back together and working fine. Thank you again.
  4. cheech

Shower faucet problems

Thanks, and more info needed. Thank you for sending me the diagram. As you see from my image, there are three holes in the inner assembly. Do only the 2 side holes have the washer and spring? I put the washers in the two side holes and do I put the springs in there also, or do maybe the...
  5. cheech

Shower faucet problems

We recently had our tub enclosure tiled and the tilers didn't leave enough space to put the escutchen back in place, so I removed the faucet handle and figured I would nip away some of the tile. When I put everything back the way I thought it was supposed to go, the water doesn't turn off...
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks